ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR emails and delivery

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Declaring stocks/shares/ISA/savings at the time of ILR application

Post by procastrinoma » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:21 am

I am planning to apply via SET(O) soon. I have had investments through Vanguard, bank account and more recently a savings account.

I have no intention of liquidating or selling any of those investments, to cash them into my account for at least a few years.

Do I need to declare these when applying? I was going to show my primary bank account where my payslips land. And a secondary bank account that has my ISA and savings. Would that be enough or am I legally bound to show all my current holdings in the UK?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Declaring stocks/shares/ISA/savings at the time of ILR application

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:07 am

Does the form ask these questions?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by procastrinoma » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:28 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:07 am
Does the form ask these questions?
I have not started the form yet, but not that I can see this mentioned anywhere on the relevant page for this application.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:08 pm

There is no such requirement. Please refrain from making assumptions
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by procastrinoma » Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:10 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:08 pm
There is no such requirement. Please refrain from making assumptions
Thank you.

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application, dependent SWV extension for spouse - which UAN to use?

Post by procastrinoma » Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:46 pm

Apologies if this has been asked multiple times here, but I was not able to find an answer that fits my circumstances. These are the search results that I have read so far.

My main concern is what UAN to use so as to not switch my dependent from a SWV dependent visa to a ILR dependent/spouse visa which will reset the clock for them.

Both of our visas expire a few days after the visa application under the CoS it was applied under 3 years ago. I have a new CoS issued from my employer just in case which I am not using to extend the SWV as I am applying for my own ILR. My dependent is not ILR eligible for another year, and I intend to extend their dependent SWV for 3 years.

Should I use the UAN from my previous SWV that is expiring now to extend my dependent's visa? Or should I use the UAN that I get after my ILR application? I have been told it does not matter but also told that it will switch their visa to a spouse visa and reset the clock. I am bit confused as to what to do.

I am applying in a few days time to have an in-time application and this is causing a great deal of anxiety for the both of us.

Thanks for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application, dependent SWV extension for spouse - which UAN to use?

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:17 am

My main concern is what UAN to use so as to not switch my dependent from a SWV dependent visa to a ILR dependent/spouse visa which will reset the clock for them.
SW-dependent and family routes are SEPARATE and are applied using SEPARATE forms. Also under the skilled worker rules when a dependant is applying via SET(O), the visa route of such a dependant is not relevant. The partner could have been your partner dependant for 5 years under any partner or dependant route (including the family route). So there is no resetting of the ILR clock, even if the dependant moves to the family route. :roll:
Both of our visas expire a few days after the visa application under the CoS it was applied under 3 years ago. I have a new CoS issued from my employer just in case which I am not using to extend the SWV as I am applying for my own ILR. My dependent is not ILR eligible for another year, and I intend to extend their dependent SWV for 3 years.
What is the point of getting a new CoS ?? Neither your ILR nor the extension of your dependant needs this. As usual, you are operating based on your assumptions
Should I use the UAN from my previous SWV that is expiring now to extend my dependent's visa? Or should I use the UAN that I get after my ILR application? I have been told it does not matter but also told that it will switch their visa to a spouse visa and reset the clock. I am bit confused as to what to do.
You cannot magically move to the family route if your applied for a skilled worker dependant extension. :?
The UAN does not really matter as the rules do not allow the dependant to be granted an extension unless your immigration status is determined. So UAN does not really matter here. UKVI has all your details and history and they will figure all this out. If you got your ILR UAN, just use that to apply for your dependant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application, dependent SWV extension for spouse - which UAN to use?

Post by procastrinoma » Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:10 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:17 am
SW-dependent and family routes are SEPARATE and are applied using SEPARATE forms. Also under the skilled worker rules when a dependant is applying via SET(O), the visa route of such a dependant is not relevant. The partner could have been your partner dependant for 5 years under any partner or dependant route (including the family route). So there is no resetting of the ILR clock, even if the dependant moves to the family route. :roll:
You cannot magically move to the family route if your applied for a skilled worker dependant extension. :?
The UAN does not really matter as the rules do not allow the dependant to be granted an extension unless your immigration status is determined. So UAN does not really matter here. UKVI has all your details and history and they will figure all this out. If you got your ILR UAN, just use that to apply for your dependant.
Thank you Zimba for clarifying, that puts my end at ease really. One would expect UKVI/HO to have the common sense to see the details and history etc., but it is a fair bit of investment to apply, so I thought I'd ask anyways.
zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:17 am
What is the point of getting a new CoS ?? Neither your ILR nor the extension of your dependant needs this. As usual, you are operating based on your assumptions
Not sure where you assumed that assumption! The CoS was issued automatically, and this is in case my ILR gets rejected for whatever reason and I have to re-apply for a SWV along with a new dependent extension. May seem unnecessary but I would much rather be a pessimist and have a plan B. I am aware that a CoS has no value for either of our current applications. Thanks though.

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR emails and delivery

Post by procastrinoma » Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:48 pm

Hi all

If I mentioned my solicitor's email and address for my ILR application, would that mean the confirmation email and delivery will be to them?

This assuming application was made with a personal email address and the home address was also mentioned?

Did try searching but I was not able to find an answer here.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR emails and delivery

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:18 pm

Your representative will receive all the emails

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR emails and delivery

Post by procastrinoma » Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:05 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:18 pm
Your representative will receive all the emails
Thanks zimba

I can confirm that both the applicant and the solicitor (representative) received the application update email.

There was just a longer wait to the update than expected, hence the question in the first the place.