ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to get the first time passport application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarkAd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: How long does it take to get the first time passport application?

Post by MarkAd » Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:23 am

What happens when if my witness doesn’t pickup

J_W
Newly Registered
England

Post by J_W » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:08 am

MarkAd wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:23 am
What happens when if my witness doesn’t pickup
In this case sometimes they leave a number to call back on. But most of the time they reject the witness and send you an email asking for you to send a new witness form in.

MarkAd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MarkAd » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:48 am

They give me the number or leave it to the witness in voice mail

Zan263
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Zan263 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:40 pm

9/05/24 Passport application completed online
12/05/24 Supporting documents received, processing application verifying documents
4/06/24 Processing application
Estimated processing date 12/06/24
11/06/24 request for additional proof of ID
12/06/24 Documents received, processing, verifying documents
17/06/24 Processing application new ETA 03/07/24
02/07/24 Printing and dispatch of passport book and printing of passport card

I applied based on naturalisation and the new certificates do not have pictures therefore I was asked to submit an additional proof of ID later on in the process. This resulted in me missing my graduation in Edinburgh which was today. I pleaded with them to process my passport earlier so I can receive it before today but they did not care even though it wasn’t my fault that they requested for a 2nd proof of ID which was not listed as a requirement when I made the initial application. I am posting this for others so they don’t get caught like I did. Overall I am just grateful that all of this is over as I applied for Naturalisation in August 2022 almost 2 years ago. Good luck to those that are still waiting.

c08lam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by c08lam » Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:15 pm

Zan263 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:40 pm
12/05/24 Supporting documents received, processing application verifying documents

I applied based on naturalisation and the new certificates do not have pictures therefore I was asked to submit an additional proof of ID later on in the process. This resulted in me missing my graduation in Edinburgh which was today. I pleaded with them to process my passport earlier so I can receive it before today but they did not care even though it wasn’t my fault that they requested for a 2nd proof of ID which was not listed as a requirement when I made the initial application. I am posting this for others so they don’t get caught like I did. Overall I am just grateful that all of this is over as I applied for Naturalisation in August 2022 almost 2 years ago. Good luck to those that are still waiting.
Hello, just want to ask you for more on the 2nd proof of ID, what kind of document can be regarded as proof of ID except for driving license? If someone who don't have driving license and 2nd passport, what should they submit?

Thank you.

Zan263
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Zan263 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:40 pm

Hi I sent in certified copies of both my PPS card and driving license. I got them certified by a Garda. And sent both just incase because I didn’t want further delays. I had sent my passport originally as my proof of ID.

Zan263
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Zan263 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:41 pm

c08lam wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:15 pm
Zan263 wrote:

Hello, just want to ask you for more on the 2nd proof of ID, what kind of document can be regarded as proof of ID except for driving license? If someone who don't have driving license and 2nd passport, what should they submit?

Thank you.
Hi I sent in certified copies of both my PPS card and driving license. I got them certified by a Garda. And sent both just incase because I didn’t want further delays. I had sent my passport originally as my proof of ID.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:23 am

This is my time line -- the second due date is 4th July and today is 9th July, it has been 2months already, no idea what is being processed as the documents are all there including the 2nd photo ID garda - certified driving license requested midway.

This process isn't rocket science and should not be this complex and frustrating.

Today
09/07/2024
Processing application
Your application is being processed

3 weeks 5 days ago
13/06/2024
Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

3 weeks 6 days ago
12/06/2024
Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

1 month 1 week 3 days ago
30/05/2024
Processing application
Your application is being processed

2 months ago
10/05/2024
Processing application
We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

2 months 1 day ago
09/05/2024
Alert
We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:46 am

Does anyone know what a “letter from the Revenue Commissioners” is? The passport office has asked me for additional documents for the 3rd time! why they can't just ask for all the documents in one go? This time, they specified:

“Please submit another proof of name such as Government correspondence (e.g., a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners). This must be official correspondence from a public body. The original document is required.”

I don’t have any letters from the department of social protection, so my only option is a letter from the Revenue Commissioners.

Can I use any document from the “my documents” section on myRevenue.ie for this? Thanks in advance!

Pct85
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pct85 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:06 am

Hi everyone
Did anyone aske Department to return their travel document after Ceremony for the purposes of Irish passport application.
One of the required documents to apply for Irish passport was
Your original passport or Irish travel document.
So since I have no original passport I was thinking to request Department to send back my travel document.
I wonder if any one has done this before ?.
Regards

Pct85
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pct85 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:12 am

c08lam wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:15 pm
Zan263 wrote:

Thank you.
Probably an I'd card from your country of origin.it is stated on their website.

gusssy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gusssy » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:39 pm

Pct85 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:06 am
Hi everyone
Did anyone aske Department to return their travel document after Ceremony for the purposes of Irish passport application.
One of the required documents to apply for Irish passport was
Your original passport or Irish travel document.
So since I have no original passport I was thinking to request Department to send back my travel document.
I wonder if any one has done this before ?.
Regards
Hey, I'm in a similar situation to yours where I sent back my Travel Document and its the only passport document I had, I sent out an email to the citizenship office but knowing them, I'm not expecting a response any time soon. Any updates on this? how did you overcome this issue?

Take-me-home
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Take-me-home » Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:50 pm

logicalthinker52 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:46 am
Does anyone know what a “letter from the Revenue Commissioners” is? The passport office has asked me for additional documents for the 3rd time! why they can't just ask for all the documents in one go? This time, they specified:

“Please submit another proof of name such as Government correspondence (e.g., a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners). This must be official correspondence from a public body. The original document is required.”

I don’t have any letters from the department of social protection, so my only option is a letter from the Revenue Commissioners.

Can I use any document from the “my documents” section on myRevenue.ie for this? Thanks in advance!

What letters did you send?
For name, I used the DOJ letter approval of Citizenship application and for the address, I used the HSE appointment letter.

Take-me-home
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Take-me-home » Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:52 pm

Will they ring the gardai to validate the witness form? (Naturalised citizen)

Helen1964
United Kingdom

Post by Helen1964 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:50 pm

Anyone thinking of sending a certified photocopy of the naturalisation certificate, rather than the original?
We’ve waited so long for this document I’m reluctant to let it out of my sight.

crisfp93
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by crisfp93 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:00 pm

Helen1964 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:50 pm
Anyone thinking of sending a certified photocopy of the naturalisation certificate, rather than the original?
We’ve waited so long for this document I’m reluctant to let it out of my sight.
If you send a copy, very high chances of them asking for the original in the middle of the verification process and it will likely delay your application. I know it is hard and feels awful to send something you waited for so long to arrive just like that but at least you’ll have a higher chance to receive your Irish passport sooner. I’ve read so many comments of people being asked their original passport or original naturalisation certificate because they submitted a true copy of an original, so hope your application goes smooth! 😄

Helen1964
United Kingdom

Post by Helen1964 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:38 pm

Thanks very much for the advice. I will gird my loins and send originals.

Someone early on in this thread mentioned that their witness had been asked to confirm they had seen all the supporting documents so I must remember to take everything with me when I go to get our form witnessed this week.

kzz
Ireland

Post by kzz » Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:37 am

Hi all,

I'm about to apply for my first Irish passport as a naturalised citizen. I would like to ask:

1. I know there is a verification form needs to be filled by a member of the Garda Síochána , can I just step into any Garda station and asking somebody to do that ?

2. It might be obvious: the passport office would return all the original documents back to us (original birth/naturalisation cert, original passport from country of origin, etc) , right ? If so when would they return them ? Right after they've verified everything or they only return the originals after the Irish passport has been issued ?

Thanks for the help.

Dommylou
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dommylou » Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:48 am

Hello all

I understand that a witness for a first time passport application must not be relative, but does this include in-laws, specifically mother-in law? I will phone the passport office next week but wonder whether anyone on this forum has already asked this question. Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Dommylou wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:48 am
Hello all

I understand that a witness for a first time passport application must not be relative, but does this include in-laws, specifically mother-in law? I will phone the passport office next week but wonder whether anyone on this forum has already asked this question. Thanks.
I would suppose relatives include relatives by mareiage. My advice is to avoid it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Dommylou
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dommylou » Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:35 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:39 pm
Dommylou wrote:
Hello all

I would suppose relatives include relatives by mareiage. My advice is to avoid it.
Thanks, I suspect you are correct but in many instances I am reading that witnesses are rejected because the passport service is unable to contact the witness on a daytime landline number. This limits my choices as although I know a police officer, a teacher and a nurse, all of them are operational and rarely sit at a desk with a dedicated landline.

KyukChick
Kenya

Post by KyukChick » Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:04 pm

kzz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:37 am
Hi all,

I'm about to apply for my first Irish passport as a naturalised citizen. I would like to ask:

1. I know there is a verification form needs to be filled by a member of the Garda Síochána , can I just step into any Garda station and asking somebody to do that ?
I just walked in to a Dublin Garda Station yesterday (minutes after receiving my naturalisation certificate) and the Gard at the desk was very familiar with the process and helpful. Remember to check the boxes below the Gard's signature before you mail it, because I noted it was not his priority to do so but the Passport team will reject the form if it is not completed.
[\quote]

2. It might be obvious: the passport office would return all the original documents back to us (original birth/naturalisation cert, original passport from country of origin, etc) , right ? If so when would they return them ? Right after they've verified everything or they only return the originals after the Irish passport has been issued ?

[/quote]

Reference viewtopic.php?t=344303&start=50#p2167272 for expected timelines. I followed the example and sent EVERYTHING (birth & naturalisation certificates, PSC, Driving License, passport) in original to avoid delays with them asking for supporting docs.

[\quote]

Thanks for the help.
[/quote]

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:11 pm

They send back the originals around the time passport is issued usually, unless you're asked to submit more documents.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:15 pm

Dommylou wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:35 pm
meself2 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:39 pm
Dommylou wrote:
Hello all

Thanks, I suspect you are correct but in many instances I am reading that witnesses are rejected because the passport service is unable to contact the witness on a daytime landline number. This limits my choices as although I know a police officer, a teacher and a nurse, all of them are operational and rarely sit at a desk with a dedicated landline.
Maybe ask your witnesses how landline calls are handled in their organisation? For example, possibly a teacher will be called to take the landline call during a class/etc?

kzz
Ireland

Post by kzz » Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:55 pm

KyukChick wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:04 pm
kzz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:37 am
Hi all,

I just walked in to a Dublin Garda Station yesterday (minutes after receiving my naturalisation certificate) and the Gard at the desk was very familiar with the process and helpful. Remember to check the boxes below the Gard's signature before you mail it, because I noted it was not his priority to do so but the Passport team will reject the form if it is not completed.
[\quote]

Reference viewtopic.php?t=344303&start=50#p2167272 for expected timelines. I followed the example and sent EVERYTHING (birth & naturalisation certificates, PSC, Driving License, passport) in original to avoid delays with them asking for supporting docs.

[\quote]

Thanks for the help.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thank you so much , very helpful information !!