ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Path to Surrender of Indian Passport to get OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rock_star
India

Re: Path to Surrender of Indian Passport to get OCI

Post by rock_star » Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:16 am

What is Applicant signature file that is needed to uploaded on renunciation website. I am using link for renunciation https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ ... nt_Details

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:10 am

rock_star wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:16 am
What is Applicant signature file that is needed to uploaded on renunciation website. I am using link for renunciation https://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ ... nt_Details

Also , seems like need to upload digital photo for renunciation application?

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:51 am

Hi,

Where to get VFS Declaration form
please? I have got appointment application only.

thanks

sadlerp
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by sadlerp » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:59 pm

vinodhk wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:24 pm
Hello All,
Just found out that the exact measurement next to photo says 50.8mm by 50.8mm which is equivalent to 2inch by 2inch (if I convert in google) as per guidelines. So I am hoping this should be fine, please let me know if someone think differently.

@sathyauk: Appreciate if you could confirm on below query too. Thank you.

If I understood the last question's response correctly, for RC appointment in HCI (Aldwych, London) the applicant has to come in person but VFS (Goswell Rd, London) RC documents drop on same day anyone can do. Could you please confirm on this?
If I have to come back for another day for documents drop in VFS, how do I book separate appointment and how much it costs please? Any time limits for documents drop once signed please?
Just checking on this (haven't decided yet), will it be an issue if I apply for OCI before going out to India in Jul, but travelling out in e-visa this time and collect OCI once back in Sep?
Thanks.
That measurement should be fine, as 50.8mm by 50.8mm is indeed equivalent to 2 inches by 2 inches. It meets the standard guidelines, so you should be good to go!

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:48 pm

Hi guys,

Indian passport to be uploaded copy has to be cancelled one? I have passport copy when it was not cancelled, wondering if I can use that?

Cancelled one gets cut in one of the corner of passport.

Thanks

komat
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by komat » Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:56 am

If you get the error "Please enter Spouse Name" and gets stuck on the page, please logout and log back in and the issue should be fixed

mosakaya
Newly Registered
India

Post by mosakaya » Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:25 am

Hi all,

Every appointment I see on HCI website is at VFS office only. How do I book an appointment for the embassy to sign for the renunciation certificate?

sathyauk
India

Post by sathyauk » Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:14 pm

mosakaya wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:25 am
Hi all,

Every appointment I see on HCI website is at VFS office only. How do I book an appointment for the embassy to sign for the renunciation certificate?You don't need renunciation certificate anymore to apply for OCI.