ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adshahmat
United Kingdom

ILR Application - SET(M)

Post by adshahmat » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:23 am

Good morning Everyone! Thanks so much for all of the invaluable advice on these boards...

We are currently in the process of preparing for my wife's ILR application, details as follows:
Five-year route to settlement;
Original Spouse visa granted 02 August 2019 - 02 May 2022 (33 months);
She entered the UK on 19 August 2019;
FLR(M) successful in May 2022. Extension granted until 11 December 2024.

I was aware of the 28-day concessionary period for applications, knowing that we could have submitted an application 28 days prior to 19th August... 22nd July. However, a very hectic work schedule, and life in general, made it impossible for us to dedicate the necessary time until now. Realistically, we will be submitting her application on Monday 19th August, which is exactly five years from her entry date.

Simple question (since everyone else here seems to take advantage of the "no more than 28-days prior" rule:
What have we missed out on?
Is it just a case that we could have been 28 days further forward in the queue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application - SET(M)

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:27 am

What have we missed out on?
Nothing.
Is it just a case that we could have been 28 days further forward in the queue?
Not necessarily. It is simply a concession, that is it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:41 am

Many thanks for the your very prompt response, CR001

So, just out of interest, we actually have until 11 December 2024 (the date her FLR expires) to submit her ILR application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:14 am

Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:11 pm

For our ILR application, we will be relying on Category D, cash savings, in order to meet the financial requirements.

1. Is £34,600 (£16,000 + £18,600) the required amount needed to be held for the past six months?

2. I've read through Appendix FM several times, and am a little perturbed by the wording at the bottom of page 60:

" personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied
upon in the application has been held in an account or accounts in the names
of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to
the date of application "

This seems to suggest that the cash savings account should be in joint names only. My original understanding was that it could be in my name only (the applicant's husband), which ours is. Am I reading the above paragraph incorrectly, has it just been badly worded, or is it correct that the relied-upon account must be in joint names?

Page 51 of the same Appendix contradicts this:

" An amount based on the cash savings above £16,000 held by the applicant, their
partner, or both jointly or a child dependant relative who is over 18
for at least the 6
months prior to the date of application and under their control can count towards the
financial requirement under Category D. (£16,000 is the level of savings at which a
person generally ceases to be eligible for income-related benefits) "

So I'm hoping the former paragraph is just bad wording?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:40 pm

1. Yes, maintained for at least 6 months

2. Yes, that paragraph is a bit poorly worded, further up in the guide it is clear that this is not the case:
Cash savings: further guidance
Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the
applicant, their partner or the couple jointly.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:08 pm

Thanks very much, Zimba...

Okay, so we've completed and submitted our application just now. We paid the extra £1000 for Super Priority, but I can't yet see how this Super Priority will work.

It seems that we still continue to book a standard appointment with UKVCAS. Is it simply a case that, assuming our application is straightforward, we can expect a decision within 24 hours of the appointment?

Many thanks again for your expert assistance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:14 pm

Note that priority service determines the SPEED of your visa application processing AFTER you submit your biometrics. It has nothing to do with your biometric appointment or UKVCAS whatever. Prioirty service timeline is not also guaranteed as some applications cannot be decided in 24 hours
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:17 pm

Thanks again for your prompt response, Zimba...

That's understood. We've made a UKVCAS appointment for next week.

But, once supporting documents and biometrics are submitted, I just wonder how UKVI will recognise our application as Super Priority. Do we need to inform UKVCAS, or will our application number automatically be highlighted as Super Priority on the UKVI system?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:45 pm

adshahmat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:17 pm
But, once supporting documents and biometrics are submitted, I just wonder how UKVI will recognise our application as Super Priority. Do we need to inform UKVCAS, or will our application number automatically be highlighted as Super Priority on the UKVI system?
UKVI will know as you have PAID for the service. Super Priority has nothing to do with UKCVAS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:29 pm

adshahmat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:17 pm
Thanks again for your prompt response, Zimba...

That's understood. We've made a UKVCAS appointment for next week.

Because you paid for and submitted a priority application :?

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:36 am

Thank you and apologies for the confusion.

In the past, we paid for a priority service and attended an appointment in Croydon, where we received a decision while we waited. For some reason, I was expecting similar, but the application process has clearly changed.

Once an application is submitted, is there a time limit for uploading documents and attending the UKVCAS appointment? Or must it simply be done prior to the FLR(M) expiry date?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:13 am

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments, eVisa & BRP queries - Read before you post

You get 45 working days:
Individuals who make in-country applications must, in most circumstances, book an
appointment to enrol their biometric information within a specified period unless an
exemption or exception applies or they have used the UK Immigration: ID Check
app. Individuals will be informed to:

• make an appointment at a Service and Support Centre (SSC) within 15 working days
• make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) location within 45 working days
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... olment.pdf

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:07 am

Many thanks, Zimba!

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:55 am

My wife attained her B1 English test (GESE Grade 5) from Trinity College in April 2022.
This was submitted as part of her successful FLR(M) application in May 2022.
Still on the approved list, but obviously the certificate has now expired.

We have submitted this same certificate as part of this current ILR application, which I understand is acceptable.

My question: Should we include a footnote with our uploaded documents, explaining to the caseworker that this is the case, or will s/he automatically realise this from my wife's records?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:10 am

adshahmat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:55 am
My wife attained her B1 English test (GESE Grade 5) from Trinity College in April 2022.
This was submitted as part of her successful FLR(M) application in May 2022.
Still on the approved list, but obviously the certificate has now expired.

We have submitted this same certificate as part of this current ILR application, which I understand is acceptable.

My question: Should we include a footnote with our uploaded documents, explaining to the caseworker that this is the case, or will s/he automatically realise this from my wife's records?
Caseworker knows the rules.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:05 pm

Thanks Ticktack,

Yes, I understand that the caseworker will know the rules.

But will s/he know that the expired B1 certificate we submitted was part of our successful FLR(M) application?
Or should we make the caseworker aware of this by means of an 'additional information' footnote?

adshahmat
United Kingdom

Post by adshahmat » Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:46 pm

Applied for ILR / SET(M) - 5 years spouse route
Application Type: Super Priority
Application submitted online: 02/09/2024
Biometrics appointment: Friday 27/09/2024 - Southampton (Free)
Approval Received: Monday 30/09/2024 (next working day)
BRP Card: Awaiting

Sincere thanks for all of the invaluable advice offered on these boards over the past five years +

We now intend to apply for my wife's naturalisation (citizenship) immediately. I am a UK citizen. One quick question: She attained her B1 English in April 2022. This certificate has now been submitted for both her successful FLR(M) application in May 2022 and her successful ILR application above.

Can it also be submitted for her citizenship application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:13 am

Anyone who has secured ILR since October 2013, automatically satisfies the English language requirement for naturalisation.
Please ask your questions in the British Citizenship forum