ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK for 5 year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ABC_321
Mood:
India

ILR to BC

Post by ABC_321 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:51 pm

hi
I've got my ILR approval (application success email from home office atlas) on 4th Aug 2023. I applied for ILR via T2 General 5 year completion route
I have couple of questions

1. When am I eligible to submit online application for BC
2. Do I need to prove my knowledge of English test ( hope not, just in doubt so asking)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ILR to BC

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:02 pm

ABC_321 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:51 pm
hi
I've got my ILR approval (application success email from home office atlas) on 4th Aug 2023. I applied for ILR via T2 General 5 year completion route The route to ILR is not relevant for naturalisation.
I have couple of questions

1. When am I eligible to submit online application for BC
If your spouse is a British citizen you could apply now as long as you satisfy the requirements.
If not you need to wait 12 months from ILR grant.
Please review the requirements: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance

2. Do I need to prove my knowledge of English test ( hope not, just in doubt so asking)
If you provided proof of English for ILR then you can rely on that - tick the appropriate box in the application form.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ABC_321
Mood:
India

Post by ABC_321 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:25 pm

Thank you, I will apply after 4th Aug, 2024 then

And for ILR I have not submitted any english proof, but prior to that for my T2 Gen 5 years VISA (in 2018), I submitted NARIC certificates proving my bachelors and masters degree from India are studied in English similar level acceptable in UK - so do I need provide them again? or need to take the test?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:00 pm

NARIC letter and degree certificate will be enough.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ABC_321
Mood:
India

Ecctis Letter

Post by ABC_321 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:51 am

Hi
In the checklist of documents to be submitted, I got the following to be submitted

"Ecctis letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or
Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or
researched"

However in 2018 when applying for my Tier 2 Gen VISA from India, I have secured NARIC certificates for confirming the qualification meets UK degrees

Can you please confirm if I can use the same for this?

Thanks

ABC_321
Mood:
India

Two referee declarations

Post by ABC_321 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:55 am

hi

for my Two referee declarations
I have 2 British Citizens gave references
one is a Retired man and another is a Building society professional (my manager)
both knows me personally, and they dont know each other
please can you confirm they both are sufficient as my two referee's

Thanks

ABC_321
Mood:
India

Proof of living in the UK for 5 year

Post by ABC_321 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:58 am

hi

for this check list document requirement
I have asked my employer to give me similar letter they gave me when I was applying for ILR (sponsorship, absence letter with my start of employment date, address etc) with up to date dates

Also, I am adding my last 5 years p60 forms
I hope they are sufficient for this requirement
please confirm
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ecctis Letter

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:02 pm

ABC_321 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:51 am
Hi
In the checklist of documents to be submitted, I got the following to be submitted

"Ecctis letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or
Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or
researched"

However in 2018 when applying for my Tier 2 Gen VISA from India, I have secured NARIC certificates for confirming the qualification meets UK degrees

Can you please confirm if I can use the same for this?

Thanks
This should be fine yes and you advised of this preciously when yous asked!
ABC_321 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:55 am
hi

for my Two referee declarations
I have 2 British Citizens gave references
one is a Retired man and another is a Building society professional (my manager)
both knows me personally, and they dont know each other
please can you confirm they both are sufficient as my two referee's

Thanks
Both are fine.
ABC_321 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:58 am
hi

for this check list document requirement
I have asked my employer to give me similar letter they gave me when I was applying for ILR (sponsorship, absence letter with my start of employment date, address etc) with up to date dates

Also, I am adding my last 5 years p60 forms
I hope they are sufficient for this requirement
please confirm
Thanks
None of this is required. You only need your passport and passport stamps for the 5 year period.

Also it is NOT necessary to start a new topic with each question!! Keep all questions on rhe same application in one topic, this one, all merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ABC_321
Mood:
India

Re: Proof of living in the UK for 5 year

Post by ABC_321 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:12 pm

my apologies and thank you for your swift response. I am more relieved :)