ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 pm

ib_dublin wrote:any update from INIS after xmas/new year???
Looks like there hasn't been any update yet. They haven't even removed the notice on xmas closing times from their website :lol:

Anyway, hopefully they're already very busy processing applications! :)

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Got a call from DoJ today.. although my case is kind of peculiar. you can read the background in my earlier post.. in summary the lady apologised on behalf of her colleagues who mishandled my application and told me to re-apply all over again.. that is after i've waited for more than 30 months.. the system sucks :(

babar asif
Newly Registered

Happy new year

Post by babar asif » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm

any one knows how long it takes to get clearance from Minister and then what is the waiting time for getting court date .
Many thanks :?:

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:04 pm

nettan wrote:Got a call from DoJ today.. although my case is kind of peculiar. you can read the background in my earlier post.. in summary the lady apologised on behalf of her colleagues who mishandled my application and told me to re-apply all over again.. that is after i've waited for more than 30 months.. the system sucks :(
Sorry to hear that javascript:emoticon(':('), so do you have to join queue or fast track?

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:12 pm

she agreed i should send/address the application directly to her and that she'll help monitor it that nothing goes wrong this time.. i don't think there is anything like fast tracking.. but she assured that the processing time has been considerably reduced and wouldn't have to wait for too long

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:49 pm

the good news is INIS start working after holidays :-)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi,

The economy is in bad shape...and Ireland needs all the relevant foreigners that are actually helping out the economy. Therefore it is in the government interest to only fast track these applications.

Ireland borows 45 millions euros a day.

This is a game changer. If you've been here more than 6 years and working, you should get it by March 2009.

Wait and See.

Nanette

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:09 am

nanette wrote:Hi,

The economy is in bad shape...and Ireland needs all the relevant foreigners that are actually helping out the economy. Therefore it is in the government interest to only fast track these applications.

This is a game changer. If you've been here more than 6 years and working, you should get it by March 2009.

Wait and See.

Nanette
what is ur source ?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:41 am

nanette wrote:Hi,

Wait and See.

Nanette
This does not make sense, both irish and non-irish citizen contribute to economy since they are working in this country, pay tax and spend.

Making an individual become irish citizen does not make huge contribution for better economy, remember only 15600 is currently waiting.

It will stop skill worker fleeing to other countries. Let be honest if you are skill worker and has worked for several years in here, you will not go anyway.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:43 pm

In contrast many applicants, myself included, are simply waiting for approval in order to apply for an Irish passport to enable them to leave.

I'm sure that the INIS are well aware of this fact.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Lost Soul wrote:In contrast many applicants, myself included, are simply waiting for approval in order to apply for an Irish passport to enable them to leave.

I'm sure that the INIS are well aware of this fact.
is this means your know that your application passed the Garda clearnace ?

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:16 pm

nettan wrote:Got a call from DoJ today.. although my case is kind of peculiar. you can read the background in my earlier post.. in summary the lady apologised on behalf of her colleagues who mishandled my application and told me to re-apply all over again.. that is after i've waited for more than 30 months.. the system sucks :(
Hi nettan,

I truly feel your pain. I am more or less in the same boat with you, except my application was a few days short of the 5 years requirement. I also had to go thru the whole process of re-applying. :(

I heard from the grapevine (not sure how true this is though) that a new office was set up in Mullingar. All applications received in 2006 and 2007 were dealt with in this new office. For some funny 'Irish' reasons, these 2006/7 applications were dealt with faster than their predecessors (i.e. 2005 and prior). All applications received in 2005 and prior were left in the Dublin office and are still mostly pending. This sounds preposterous but could it be true? :roll:

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:55 am

Does anyone knows if I have to keep my GNIB card valid until the date i take Oath in Court or not? Let say if my GNIB card expired before I take the oath in Court for naturlisation, will I get into trouble?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 am

mktsoi wrote:Does anyone knows if I have to keep my GNIB card valid until the date i take Oath in Court or not? Let say if my GNIB card expired before I take the oath in Court for naturlisation, will I get into trouble?
Yes you do

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:48 am

I just got confirmation that my file is still in the 'dreaded' Dublin office. I feel like walking on the walls now (I applied Jan 2005). :cry:

Please honorable members of the forum, give me suggestions on how to tackle this problem ...solicitor? TD? I have written letters and made calls a 'million' times and I am almost blue in the face at this stage...

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi, I applied in May 2005, same here million phone cal, letters etc etc, at this stage the only thing i can do is to is to wait.. :!:

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 pm

I just got confirmation that my file is still in the 'dreaded' Dublin office. I feel like walking on the walls now (I applied Jan 2005).

Please honorable members of the forum, give me suggestions on how to tackle this problem ...solicitor? TD? I have written letters and made calls a 'million' times and I am almost blue in the face at this stage...
Hi, This sounds like a ridiculous situation. You need to get a solicitor onto them. If your file is sitting in some backwater you could wait forever. You have already waited FOUR YEARS!

I applied 18 months after you and have approval already.

They can't treat people like this. They make use of our expertise, qualifications, experience etc and then treat us like dirt.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:10 pm

IrelandHopeful wrote:I just got confirmation that my file is still in the 'dreaded' Dublin office. I feel like walking on the walls now (I applied Jan 2005). :cry:

I would not suggest you to go to solicitor at all. Remember citizenship is an honour and in minister absolute power.

The best thing is to write to your local TD and ask for help.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 pm

So we all still await for the Jan. (monthly) minister approvals . I wonder when will this take place ?

seldam
Newly Registered

Post by seldam » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Darkhorse wrote:I would not suggest you to go to solicitor at all. Remember citizenship is an honour and in minister absolute power.

It may be at the descretion of the minister, but they owe the applicant an answer whether positive or negative.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 pm

seldam wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:I would not suggest you to go to solicitor at all. Remember citizenship is an honour and in minister absolute power.

It may be at the descretion of the minister, but they owe the applicant an answer whether positive or negative.
This is true.

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi Guys,

After 3 years and 4 months (I've applied in early August 2005) I finally got the approval letter in the post today.

I rang the office this Tuesday and the lady on the phone said that she can't give me any update because my file hasn't been updated but that she will call me back in the afternoon.
She rang me a couple of hours latter and said that in maximum a month I will get the approval leter, because my request has been approved but there is a backlog of letters to be sent in January.

You can imagine my surprise when I got the letter today.
As I mentioned before, I got in November a letter about the appointment in court in December (the 10th and the 17th) but no trace of my approval.

I now have to ring the District Court for an appointment.

All the best to all of you,

Mendo
________
Website Host
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:59 pm

mendo wrote:Hi Guys,

After 3 years and 4 months (I've applied in early August 2005) I finally got the approval letter in the post today.

I rang the office this Tuesday and the lady on the phone said that she can't give me any update because my file hasn't been updated but that she will call me back in the afternoon.
She rang me a couple of hours latter and said that in maximum a month I will get the approval leter, because my request has been approved but there is a backlog of letters to be sent in January.

As I mentioned before, I got in November a letter about the appointment in court in December (the 10th and the 17th) but no trace of my approval.

Mendo
congrats Mendo, seems u got the approval before xthmas, and only now they sent you the letter !!!

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 am

mendo wrote:Hi Guys,

Mendo
Congrats Mendo.
So you are now out of the 'rat race' (isn't it after all?).
Remember to say a prayer for those of us still there :lol:

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:59 am

Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.