ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Approval: Does E-Visa Status Change or Account Get Blocked?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk_future_citizen
Newly Registered
Russia

Naturalisation Approval: Does E-Visa Status Change or Account Get Blocked?

Post by uk_future_citizen » Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I have created an E-Visa account where I can view my immigration status, which currently shows "Settlement, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain".

I have applied for naturalisation and was curious about what happens to the E-Visa account and immigration status after approval. Specifically, I have a few questions for those of you who have successfully completed the naturalisation process:

After receiving naturalisation approval, does your immigration status in the E-Visa account change?
Is the E-Visa account still accessible after approval, or does it get blocked?
If the status changes, what does it display after becoming a British citizen?

I would really appreciate your insights and any experiences you can share! Thanks in advance.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation Approval: Does E-Visa Status Change or Account Get Blocked?

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:09 pm

After you become British, your immigration status simply does not exist anymore, regardless of what the eVisa account may show. Your eVisa account ceases to be proof of anything - you have a naturalisation certificate to prove you are British.

That being said, I tried to go down that rabbit hole for what concerned my settled status, and after calling UKVI a few times I was told that it would keep showing me as "settled" despite my immigration status not existing anymore. I can still generate share codes, and I tried to request its deletion to no avail. I would imagine it will be similar for eVisa accounts once all physical BRPs expire at the end of the year.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:11 pm

uk_future_citizen wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:58 pm
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I have created an E-Visa account where I can view my immigration status, which currently shows "Settlement, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain".

I have applied for naturalisation and was curious about what happens to the E-Visa account and immigration status after approval. Specifically, I have a few questions for those of you who have successfully completed the naturalisation process:

After receiving naturalisation approval, does your immigration status in the E-Visa account change?
Is the E-Visa account still accessible after approval, or does it get blocked?
Unlikely - immigration databases don't get updated for naturalisation.
After you have become a British citizen eVisa is meaningless, citizenship is not an immigration status.
If the status changes, what does it display after becoming a British citizen?
It probably won't change (just like EU Settle Status can still be accessed) - the immigration databases won't be updated, or might take a long time.
BTW - eVisa isn't life yet so nobody can comment from experience on your question. Just note, a British citizen cannot hold an immigration status or visa.
I would really appreciate your insights and any experiences you can share! Thanks in advance.
Taken over by contorted_svy.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Also just to note - your application being approved does not coincide with you, an adult, becoming British. You only can become British once you attend the ceremony.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

uk_future_citizen
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by uk_future_citizen » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:29 pm

Thank you all for your prompt responses.