ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in India to parents who are British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ansahuss
Newly Registered

Child Born in India to parents who are British Citizen

Post by ansahuss » Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:40 am

Hi All , Need some advice on how to apply for British Citizenship / Passport for a child born to
British Parents ( Parents are Naturalized Citizens ) .
Currently we are in India ,I already have 2 kids they were born in UK and are British Citizen.
Appreciate if someone can let me know the procedure and processing time.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Born in India to parents who are British Citizen

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:13 am

Apply for a passport directly. It can take many months from India, plan accordingly.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:56 pm

If both parents are British citizens, the only choice is a British passport. It has been reported to take six months to a year when applied for from the Subcontinent.

Note that as the child is born outside the UK, any children born to that child (your grandchildren) outside the UK will not be British citizens. British citizenship only descends automatically to one generation outside the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ansahuss
Newly Registered

Post by ansahuss » Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:26 pm

Thanks for clear explanation , for example if the grand children born in United Kingdom will they not be British Citizen ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:35 pm

Secret.simon did say if grandchi are born OUTSIDE the uk, they won't be British!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.