ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 Long abcence but total in last 5 years < 450 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emastar
Newly Registered
Portugal

1 Long abcence but total in last 5 years < 450 days

Post by Emastar » Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:12 am

Hi,

I applied for my naturalization a little over 6 months ago. In total my abcences are 438 days, less than 90 in the last 12 months. However in the past 5 years I had a long abcence of 325 during Covid. It was supposed to be a 6 month trip to complete my degree but it end up being a lot longer because I couldn't come home.

I tought this wouldn't be an issue because my total abcences in the last 5years is not > 450 days.

However, since my application is taking longer than expected I am no longer confident. A few days ago I received the standard email saying my application will take longer than the standard 6 months because the are still waiting for 3rd party enquiry results.

I've also been asked to provide additional info to prove that my intention for the long trip was education, which I did. I sent them all the communication and arrangements with the school.

I am very nervous now. I asked for a SAR and I saw I have an SS Flag. I don't know what that means.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 1 Long abcence but total in last 5 years < 450 days

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:40 am

There's nothing in the nationality rules or law that say you can't have a long absence.
They have queried it and you provided details. Appreciate you are nervous about this but so are many other applicants who believe they have a straightforward case. As for the "SS" flag, could be EUSS? We don't have sight of abreviations or other internal terms UKVI use. Perhaps a bit longer waiting ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:03 am

You already requested a SAR - in this thread you find other ways to chase a delayed application viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Emastar
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Emastar » Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:39 am

Thanks everyone. I just hit the 6 months mark. I guess I'll wait a few more months before raising a complaint or review.
Hopefully, the SS Flag isn't a serious issue.