ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone still waiting for January 2024 application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viewstar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Anyone still waiting for January 2024 application?

Post by viewstar » Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:35 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping well.

I was wondering whether there is anyone who is still waiting to hear on their citizenship application since January? I submitted my application on 18 Jan 2024, biometrics completed on 8 Feb 2024. Have sent chasers in July to FNE, contacted my MP and requested SAR in August. Only received standard workflow email saying my application will take longer than 6 months.

I also submitted a complaint last week to HO, was wondering whether there is anything else I can to do to give HO a push?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Anyone still waiting for January 2024 application?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:40 pm

Have you reviewed this this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
This will give you a run-down of what many people have done to chase, although we can't tell whether all of the advice actually accelerates approvals. UKVI rarely advises (or admits) what caused the delay.
Be aware there are quite a few people waiting since 2023, plus some even more unfortunate, waiting around two years ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:05 pm

viewstar wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:35 pm

I was wondering whether there is anyone who is still waiting to hear on their citizenship application since January? I submitted my application on 18 Jan 2024, biometrics completed on 8 Feb 2024. Have sent chasers in July to FNE, contacted my MP and requested SAR in August. Only received standard workflow email saying my application will take longer than 6 months.

I also submitted a complaint last week to HO, was wondering whether there is anything else I can to do to give HO a push?

Thank you!

Once you get a response to your complaint ask for a review - after that you will be able to escalate it to the IEC.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

viewstar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by viewstar » Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:05 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:40 pm
Have you reviewed this this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
This will give you a run-down of what many people have done to chase, although we can't tell whether all of the advice actually accelerates approvals. UKVI rarely advises (or admits) what caused the delay.
Be aware there are quite a few people waiting since 2023, plus some even more unfortunate, waiting around two years ....
Thank you for your response. I did see this thread and chased all the email addresses in there, I guess it’s just a waiting game then…

viewstar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by viewstar » Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:06 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:05 pm
viewstar wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:35 pm

Thank you!

Once you get a response to your complaint ask for a review - after that you will be able to escalate it to the IEC.
Thank you!

Emastar
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Emastar » Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:36 am

I've been waiting since February, but I got that email saying mine would take longer than 6 months. Did you get this too?

viewstar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by viewstar » Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:55 am

Emastar wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:36 am
I've been waiting since February, but I got that email saying mine would take longer than 6 months. Did you get this too?
Yes I got the workflow email saying mine will take longer than 6 months but it came after I chased them…

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:20 am

Waiting since Nov 2023, sending countless chase emails and MP asked on my behalf three times. nothing useful and most of the emails were ignored. and few complaints were submitted still waiting .

The only reason I did that was just to buff my application so my case wouldn't be forgotten.

I have requested my 4th SAR just specific to this application, in my experience, I found SAR provides more details also it is a quicker and more effective way to check the progress.

Emastar
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Emastar » Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:29 am

@Viewstar Yes, I also got that email after chasing them and requesting a SAR.
The SAR didn't really tell me why is taking so long to be honest. It said " SS Flag and issue letter". I have no idea what that means. I've asked here but no one seems to know either. :(

@Dancull I can't believe you have been waiting since November 2023? That's turture. I hope you get your results soon. Do you have any idea why is taking so long? Is there any red flags?

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:42 am

Emastar wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:29 am
@Viewstar Yes, I also got that email after chasing them and requesting a SAR.
The SAR didn't really tell me why is taking so long to be honest. It said " SS Flag and issue letter". I have no idea what that means. I've asked here but no one seems to know either. :(

@Dancull I can't believe you have been waiting since November 2023? That's turture. I hope you get your results soon. Do you have any idea why is taking so long? Is there any red flags?
Thank you, I hope we all will hear good news soon :(
Nothing I can think of, even my SARs came back and showed nothing flagged.
The last one showed "further action required, deadline completed by 08/08/2024"