ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italian Family Reunification - Nulla Osta Pakistan

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluedove

Italian Family Reunification - Nulla Osta Pakistan

Post by bluedove » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:46 pm

Hello,

I am asking on behalf of my relative who lives in Pakistan. She is married to an Italian permanat resident and issue she experienced is her husband was not settled in Italy at the time of marrage.

Long story short her husband has been trying his best to obtain residence and my relative stayed in Pakistan all along. He now obtained " Nulla Osta" after 10 years in Italy for her wife and son. I have zero information as how this family reunification works in Italy but he is now saying she needs to book an appoinment at Italian embassy to submit her documents as " Nulla Osta" means her visa is approved.

Please can someone guide me if that is what Nulla Osta means. I have been searching all over but no help.

Secondly and more importantly no one is able to help in Pakistan. As per my research all applications are dealt with by Gerry office Islamabad who won't answer phones or help. Solicitors and people who arrange appointments at Italian embassy in Pakistan are saying they can arrange appointment but they would charge £3k to £5k minimum in Pakistan. Not sure if they can be trusted.

This is a story of a relative who is going back and forth for over 12 years with one kid.

Please can someone advise or help me so I can guide her.

Thanks one again.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Italian Family Reunification - Nulla Osta Pakistan

Post by meself2 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:56 am

What's the marriage situation? Your post is very confusing.

Is your relative married to settled person in Italy? Is it a monigamous marriage?

Seems like Nulla Osta is certificate of no imprdiment to marry - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-in-italy :
If you’ve been told you need a Nulla Osta this is the same as a CNI – certificate of no impediment is Nulla Osta in Italian.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.