ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling out of UK based on ILR in expired passport after submitting NTL application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dolphin21
India

Travelling out of UK based on ILR in expired passport after submitting NTL application

Post by dolphin21 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:30 am

Hi All

I have just submitted my NTL application. Can I travel abroad and come back to the UK based on my ILR Stamp in expired passport?

UKVI helpline not helpful and say travel abroad not recommended after applying for BRP but I think NTL application is different so one is free travel and return based on stamp in expired passport?

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling out of UK based on ILR in expired passport after submitting NTL application

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:41 pm

dolphin21 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:30 am
Hi All

I have just submitted my NTL application. Can I travel abroad and come back to the UK based on my ILR Stamp in expired passport?

UKVI helpline not helpful and say travel abroad not recommended after applying for BRP but I think NTL application is different so one is free travel and return based on stamp in expired passport?

Thanks
If you have the old style ILR stamp (green), then you should still be able to enter the UK with it.
It has no expiry date on it and the airline would carry you.

Please note its not the NTL, that usually expires with passport it's placed into.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

dolphin21
India

Re: Travelling out of UK based on ILR in expired passport after submitting NTL application

Post by dolphin21 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:50 pm

Thanks very much.

Actually, I have a 'Residence Permit' in the expired passport showing ILR - so that should be fine as well?

Example shown here:

https://www.forum.ukcen.com/resources/u ... -documents

thanks

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:11 am

Hi dolphin21,

my wife is in similar situation and we are planning to submit NTL application next weekend .

I have few questions :

1. Did you manage to find documents for every year in UK since you got ILR . Continuous stay in UK proof ?
2. At the UKVCAS during submission of application , we are going to take documents and scan and upload there . are there any things we should be aware of ?
3. Do they check if all documents are there or not ?
4. Other than giving Biometrics , do we also need to take a Passport size photos ?

Thanks,
Firefly