ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late Citizenship Certificate Fee

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

awhite2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Late Citizenship Certificate Fee

Post by awhite2 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:44 pm

Hi all,

I applied 01 Sept., 2023 based off on marriage to an Irish Citizen. I got my letter to pay the citizenship certifcate fee in the post, but I was away that week. Also, my name was spelled incorrectly.

It was dated 28th June. I actually got the letter when I returned on 10th July. Between that and waiting for my solicitor to advise me on my mispelled name, I made the payment on 11th July. That puts it at 13 days and the letter says 10 days.

Does anyone have any idea how much this will affect my timeline? Is there any chance of getting in at the proposed one in September? TIA!

awhite2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Late Citizenship Certificate Fee

Post by awhite2 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:54 pm

I should also add that the only email I received was the acknowledgement of payement. And the money has gone out of my account.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:10 pm

I don’t think anyone could say. As has been typical in the last few years, there were fairly significant numbers of people approved before June who didn’t get invited to the June ceremonies. So as they’ve not managed yet to clear all approved candidates through a ceremony before, I’d be surprised if September is any different. It feels like potluck who gets invited and who doesn’t.

At this far out from a ceremony I’d be surprised if paying on day 13 versus day 9 makes a difference. I think you’ll be more affected by randomness than day 13 payment.

awhite2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by awhite2 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:45 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:10 pm
I don’t think anyone could say. As has been typical in the last few years, there were fairly significant numbers of people approved before June who didn’t get invited to the June ceremonies. So as they’ve not managed yet to clear all approved candidates through a ceremony before, I’d be surprised if September is any different. It feels like potluck who gets invited and who doesn’t.

At this far out from a ceremony I’d be surprised if paying on day 13 versus day 9 makes a difference. I think you’ll be more affected by randomness than day 13 payment.
Thanks for your response! Obviously I'll wait however long I need to, and hopefully I'll be in by at least the end of this year. I was just worried that this would somehow make me inelligible or something. I saw some posts from people who had been waiting a year for an invitation and I panicked a bit. :lol:

It is tricky knowing that we may not find out until a couple weeks before, and trying to plan around that! Is there another "payment processed" email that happens?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:36 pm

awhite2 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:45 pm
Is there another "payment processed" email that happens?
Yes, there should be one after you made the payment. It takes them a few days/weeks.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

IanMu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IanMu » Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:56 pm

I'm almost the opposite here, I have something on my ISD dashboard entitled Citizenship Certificate Fee, haven't received an Approval letter or any notification, can't complete the CCF application because of warning not to continue if no Approval Letter has been received plus need Group No. From letter.

Anybody any idea why this is up on my dashboard ahead of the Approval Letter?

IanMu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IanMu » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:08 pm

Forgot to ask the obvious question, when are people asked to pay for the Certificate normally, would it be after attending a citizenship ceremony?

I have emailed the citizenship help desk but don't expect an answer anytime soon.

crisfp93
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by crisfp93 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:57 pm

IanMu wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:08 pm
Forgot to ask the obvious question, when are people asked to pay for the Certificate normally, would it be after attending a citizenship ceremony?

I have emailed the citizenship help desk but don't expect an answer anytime soon.
You pay only when you completed the Garda vetting process (disclosure viewed) and receive an approval letter on the post which could take months to arrive. Only then with that letter you can login and pay, usually they say: “pay within the next 10 days to be considered on the next ceremony”.

IanMu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IanMu » Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:07 pm

Thanks for that, how do you know Disclosure Viewed?

My Disclosure was sent to INIS on 09/07/2024 and heard nothing since except seeing that Citizenship Certificate Fee box on my dashboard on 06/09/2024

IanMu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IanMu » Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:20 pm

Tried tracking it on vetting.garda.ie/track but just keep getting Server Error in Application message

crisfp93
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by crisfp93 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:14 pm

IanMu wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:07 pm
Thanks for that, how do you know Disclosure Viewed?

My Disclosure was sent to INIS on 09/07/2024 and heard nothing since except seeing that Citizenship Certificate Fee box on my dashboard on 06/09/2024
So it has been over 2 months so likely that the download expired which is why you are getting that server error. It is hard to say when you will receive the approval letter on the post (it usually comes 2-4 months after disclosure viewed but it is not an exact timeframe).

This process requires a lot of patience and unfortunately, it varies a lot from applicant to applicant.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:55 pm

IanMu wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:56 pm
I'm almost the opposite here, I have something on my ISD dashboard entitled Citizenship Certificate Fee, haven't received an Approval letter or any notification, can't complete the CCF application because of warning not to continue if no Approval Letter has been received plus need Group No. From letter.

Anybody any idea why this is up on my dashboard ahead of the Approval Letter?
It is on everyone's dashboard from the day you start an application, just like the evetting notification exists before you are invited to evetting. It doesn't represent any kind of status, it is simply poor website design.

You will delay your process if you complete it before approved/invited (as they will have to manually intervene to refund you and then reset your portal - and they are in no rush to add manual interventions to their to do list.) You need to wait to receive an approval letter via post, and then you can pay for your certificate. You then wait again for an invitation to a ceremony. And then wait again to receive the certificate.

Many people wait a year plus (some have waited 2 years) after their evetting is completed to receive an approval. You may as well ignore the matter for a year until you worry about it. You will hear from them if they process you more quickly.

IanMu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IanMu » Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:59 pm

Thanks, such a disjointed unhelpful process. My application is based on being married to an Irish citizen, 19 months so far and no end in sight and then demand €950 within 10 days to be considered for the next ceremony.

If I said what I really feel I'd probably be banned on here.

Thanks for your help crisfp93 and Vadrar

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:06 pm

IanMu wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:59 pm
Thanks, such a disjointed unhelpful process. My application is based on being married to an Irish citizen, 19 months so far and no end in sight and then demand €950 within 10 days to be considered for the next ceremony.

If I said what I really feel I'd probably be banned on here.

Thanks for your help crisfp93 and Vadrar
yeah, the process is unnecessarily rubbish