ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Refused

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bil786
Newly Registered
Oman

Student Visa Refused

Post by Bil786 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:25 am

Hi,

I applied student visa. I paid £10K to college. College initially issued a CAS which did not mention the deposit paid. I requested college to mention the deposit. A new CAS letter was sent to me which shows that £10K deposit has been paid in advance. I submitted £23K bank statement which is more than the required funds.

Today i received refusal and it says “ Your CAS states that your course fees for the first year are £19650 of which you have paid £0. Your remaining course fees are £19650 and maintenance required for outside London is £12006, totalling £31656.”

I have paid half fee and without fee institution does not issue CAS letter.
Now i have got refusal. What shall i do?
Shall i do Admin Review (If college has mentioned fee on sponsor Management System) or take new CAS and apply this week for the first of week of October enrolment? Course start date was 6th September 2024. It is A Level course and my CAS was Valid for 6 months.
Thanks.
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Student Visa Refused

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:20 pm

Speak to the College as soon as possible for advice on your options. If it appears to be the caseworker, they may suggest an Administrative Review. If it is the college's or your error, a new application will probably be the best option. But the College needs to guide you through the options.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bil786
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by Bil786 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:34 pm

My Uncle went to college and Principal Showed him the actual CAS after downloading from Sponsor Management System. Principal gave the course fee but he left blank the deposit option. He did not give anything on option ''Course Fee paid in to date? He did not enter anything. He gave us CAS letter on college letterhead which shows the £10K deposit has been paid.
It is college error. Caseworker can ask the college about it but he did not.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:57 pm

See what the college suggests that you can do.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bil786
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by Bil786 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:36 pm

The said Sorry
Then Three Option
1- Appeal
2- Refund
3- New CAS and new Application (With One Month Extension of Enrolment).

DesiToUk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DesiToUk » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:58 pm

Fully agree: you still got a chance to reapply with the new CAS and the deferral