ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for Kids once Parents have thier ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Master999
India

Naturalisation for Kids once Parents have thier ILR

Post by Master999 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:34 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR in 2021 on 10 year route and now have the UK Passport

My wife and kids switched to ILR dependents visa in 2021 and once the complete 5 years they are eligible for ILR.(In 2026)

My question 1 is: Will my kids have to apply thier ILR before applying for Naturalisation?

Asking this as one of my friend who got their ILR applied the Naturalisation to his kid (without applying for ILR)

Note: My kids are born in India.

In case my kids also have to apply for ILR before getting eligiility for Naturalisation,
Question 2: Will they still have to wait for a year after they getting thier ILR?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation for Kids once Parents have thier ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:33 pm

Master999 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:34 pm
Hi,

I have got my ILR in 2021 on 10 year route and now have the UK Passport

My wife and kids switched to ILR dependents visa in 2021 and once the complete 5 years they are eligible for ILR.(In 2026)

My question 1 is: Will my kids have to apply thier ILR before applying for Naturalisation?
Children born outside the UK are expected to hold ILR.
Asking this as one of my friend who got their ILR applied the Naturalisation to his kid (without applying for ILR)
If their child was born in the UK child wouldn't need ILR.
Note: My kids are born in India.

In case my kids also have to apply for ILR before getting eligiility for Naturalisation,
Question 2: Will they still have to wait for a year after they getting thier ILR? No - there are no waiting times or absence requirements - that is for adults who naturalise. Children register.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.