ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Application for My Girlfriend

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

macandersonuche1997
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Visitor Visa Application for My Girlfriend

Post by macandersonuche1997 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:53 pm

Hi All,

I am looking to apply for a Visitor Visa for my girlfriend, who is a student residing in Kenya, to come visit me in the UK. She is currently a full-time student and does not have any income.

I am a UK citizen and work as a software engineer. My plan is to submit my bank statement showing £5000, an invitation letter, a copy of my UK passport, a letter granting her consent to use my funds for her expenses, and a copy of my tenancy agreement indicating she will be staying with me.

Would these documents be sufficient? Are there any additional documents required to prove our relationship or demonstrate that she has adequate financial support for her visit?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa Application for My Girlfriend

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:07 pm

She has to prove she has stronger ties to Kenya than to the uk. How will she do this?

Have you met in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

macandersonuche1997
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by macandersonuche1997 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:39 pm

Yes I have met her multiple times on multiple holidays in the past year.

What do you suggest as an example of stronger ties to Kenya?

She's currently a student in her 3rd year of university in kenya studying nursing, my plan was to use that as a strong ties but not sure if that's sufficient

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:14 pm

macandersonuche1997 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:39 pm
Yes I have met her multiple times on multiple holidays in the past year.

What do you suggest as an example of stronger ties to Kenya? At this point, not sure anything trumps your relationship. So that would be hard to prove. In the eyes of the ECO, she could come here and decide not to go back. Get married (somehow) and plan to stay here.

She's currently a student in her 3rd year of university in kenya studying nursing, my plan was to use that as a strong ties but not sure if that's sufficient Your best bet would be not to mention you. But that could also come back and bite you in the backside, when you suddenly get mentioned down the line. It's a tough one to answer honestly.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

macandersonuche1997
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by macandersonuche1997 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:27 pm

Alright
I'll try it

If anyone got any information I should be aware of let me know