ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA extension for ILR dependants

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Peculiar
Newly Registered
Nigeria

VISA extension for ILR dependants

Post by Peculiar » Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:06 pm

My Global talent VISA as well as my wife's and children's Global Talent Dependant VISAs will expire next month, but I have recently received an ILR from Global Talent VISA (three-year route). Since my wife and children are not qualified for ILR yet (until they spend 5 years in the UK), they will be applying for their VISA extension as dependants on my global talent (this is what I understood from the home office website) for two and half years, which will complete their 5 year UK residency. But how will the information on the Global talent VISA I was holding previously be relevant for this new application, and how will I be able to indicate two and half years in their application since the global talent visa is expiring next month, and usually, the number of years on the VISA is what is granted to the dependants?
Please, I need your guidance, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: VISA extension for ILR dependants

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:14 am

Their extension will be based on the fact that you now have ILR (via the GTV route), so your old visa is irrelevant. They will be issued a fixed-length 3-year dependant visa as per the rules (you cannot request a shorter period)

Also can you confirm that they have only been here in the UK for around 3 years and did not switch from another dependent visa route ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Peculiar
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Peculiar » Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:56 am

Thank you for your prompt response. They were dependants on my Tier 2 visa (skilled worker visa) for 2 years and became dependants on GTV, which they have been on for almost 9 months now.

Regarding the three-year extension you mentioned, how do I go about this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:04 pm

You apply for a gtv dependent visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:57 pm

Peculiar wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:56 am
Thank you for your prompt response. They were dependants on my Tier 2 visa (skilled worker visa) for 2 years and became dependants on GTV, which they have been on for almost 9 months now.

Regarding the three-year extension you mentioned, how do I go about this?
So why do you think they do not have a total of 5 years ?? 2 years as PBS dependants + 3 years under GTV ??
Do you know that the dependant's visa type does NOT matter under Global Talent ILR rules ?? They could be eligible for ILR very soon

See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... l#p2122445
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Peculiar
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Peculiar » Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:17 pm

@Zimba, they have only spent a total of 2 years and 10 months as dependants on both PBS and GTV.

@CR001, the GTV will be expiring soon and has the same expiry date on my wife and children VISA. I got ILR via GTV 3-year route, which included Tier-2 and few months on GTV. My question is, since the GTV is expiring and is no longer relevant for my UK residency, how will I be able to use the information on it for my dependants' Visa extension to cover about 3 years, which will enable them to complete 5 years UK residency?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:15 am

Peculiar wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:17 pm
Zimba, they have only spent a total of 2 years and 10 months as dependants on both PBS and GTV.

CR001, the GTV will be expiring soon and has the same expiry date on my wife and children VISA. I got ILR via GTV 3-year route, which included Tier-2 and few months on GTV. My question is, since the GTV is expiring and is no longer relevant for my UK residency, how will I be able to use the information on it for my dependants' Visa extension to cover about 3 years, which will enable them to complete 5 years UK residency?
You do not need to do anything with your old visa details. Again, you have ILR now so you would use ILR information in the application, if ever asked. UKVI knows the rules, you do not have to tell them to follow them. Just apply for their extension before expiry.

Peculiar
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Peculiar » Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:01 pm

But what type of VISA will they apply for as dependants in order to extend their VISAs?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:18 pm

They apply to extend their visas as GTV dependants.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:43 pm

Peculiar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:01 pm
But what type of VISA will they apply for as dependants in order to extend their VISAs?
GTV dependants. The fact that you have ILR now is not an issue. They extend under their current route and you do NOT need to be a GTV visa holder, just as long as you previously held such visa they can remain under that route and extend under that route as your dependants.

Peculiar
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Peculiar » Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:47 pm

Thank you for this clarification.

But one more thing, please. I filled out the application form as GTV dependants for my wife and children but when I got to the IHS payment, it asked about my GTV expiry date and number of years granted on it. The expiry date is next month, and I have one year granted on the gtv based on my application last year (I requested one year because I had more than 2 years of skilled worker VISA residence in the UK already as explained before) . Then, it showed £0 as the IHS fee to pay and I don't think this is correct.

How can I complete the IHS form to pay for a three-year extension for my family while using my about-to-expire GTV?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:31 am

This is a known problem. The immigration health surcharge online system is not smart enough to calculate this correctly for people who have ILR. As I said, ILR has no expiry date so you should enter a date that is 3 years in the future to get a correct IHS calculation. Otherwise, the system will charge you less and the caseworker has to request you to pay the remaining fees, delaying the application.