ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

example/ employer's letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daffodil11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Date for getting the employer letter

Post by Daffodil11 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:27 pm

Hi all,
I’m on a tier 2 visa and will become eligible for ILR on October 10. My question is, when should I ask my employers for a letter? ie does it need to be dated after October 10 (to confirm I’ve completed the required time)?
Also do people normally contact HR or their line managers (I’m in the NHS)

The other thing I was wondering is how do people study for the life in the UK test? Are there resources you can recommend?

Thanks in advance

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Date for getting the employer letter

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:04 pm

The letter from the employer should be dated before the date of application.
Daffodil11 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:27 pm
You need to tell them that it's required a letter saying that you will be needed for the foreseeable future to support your ILR application. NHS trusts normally have experience with this.
Daffodil11 wrote:
The other thing I was wondering is how do people study for the life in the UK test? Are there resources you can recommend?
See this post: viewtopic.php?t=347495#p2165126

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:49 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Daffodil11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Daffodil11 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:44 am

Hi Lolo! Thanks for your really helpful response
lolo2 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:04 pm
The letter from the employer should be dated before the date of application. [\quote]

I understand this, but wondering if the letter from the employer needs to be after the 5 years are complete, so if my 5 years are done on October 10, can the letter be dated October 5? (ie Still before the application but the 5 years aren’t complete yet)

Thanks (:

Daffodil11 wrote:
You need to tell them that it's required a letter saying that you will be needed for the foreseeable future to support your ILR application. NHS trusts normally have experience with this.

Ty… would I need to go to HR for this or to my manager?
Daffodil11 wrote:
See this post: viewtopic.php?t=347495#p2165126
[/quote]

Thanks! This is helpful

Daffodil11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

example/ employer's letter

Post by Daffodil11 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Hi everyone,
I am applying for ILR hopefully in the next few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone could share a recent employer's letter that was accepted so I have the exact format and can fill in my details...if so, that would be amazing.

I was also wondering about the date of the employer letter. I will reach my 5 years on October 6, does the employer letter need to be dated when the 5 years are complete, or can it be dated a few days before?

(I know that it has to be before the application submission date, but I am looking for an answer to the question specified above).

Also does anyone have any solicitor recs, my case is somewhat complicated as changed routes, so probably need a solicitor.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: example/ employer's letter

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:59 pm

1. Topics merged. Please keep ALL your questions on the same application in ONE topic, this one.

2. All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

3. The letter must simply be dated within 28 days before the date you submit and pay online. You are overthinking here.

4. Members are NOT permitted to post names or details of solicitors. There is NOTHING complicated about changing routes during the 5 years, 100's do it all the time. Why do you think your case specifically is "complicated"?? What exactly is your full UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.