ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cermony date after Citizenship Aplication approved.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Legend1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Cermony date after Citizenship Aplication approved.

Post by Legend1 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:16 am

Hi Mods,
Hope this message find you all well.

My Naturalisation application was approved yesterday, when i applied for citizenship application, for ceremony i have mentioned Surrey Council, while i checked for dates to booked for ceremony its showing in November no earlier dates , instead of that can i changed my ceremony location to another town ? If yes what are the procedure.
Thanks in advance 👍🏻

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Cermony date after Citizenship Aplication approved.

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:41 am

Tell the council, they will return your certificate to the Home office and they will arrange with the other council.

Clearly this adds complexity and time and you may not necessarily end up with an earlier ceremony.

Have you considered a private ceremony? Costs extra but could be much quicker.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:57 am

Legend1 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:16 am
Hi Mods,
Hope this message find you all well.

My Naturalisation application was approved yesterday, when i applied for citizenship application, for ceremony i have mentioned Surrey Council, while i checked for dates to booked for ceremony its showing in November no earlier dates , instead of that can i changed my ceremony location to another town ? If yes what are the procedure.
Thanks in advance 👍🏻
Usually, the answer is no. You declared the council when you applied and they will be the ones to administer the ceremony. You can ask your council if this would be possible, or wait until November to become British.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Legend1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Legend1 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:30 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:41 am
Tell the council, they will return your certificate to the Home office and they will arrange with the other council.

Clearly this adds complexity and time and you may not necessarily end up with an earlier ceremony.

Have you considered a private ceremony? Costs extra but could be much quicker.
Yes looking this as 2nd option. Called the home office been provided with email , so lets see if that make any change otherwise i will have to book a private ceremony.
Thanks for your reaponse

pb3000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pb3000 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:54 am

Legend1 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:30 pm
Yes looking this as 2nd option. Called the home office been provided with email , so lets see if that make any change otherwise i will have to book a private ceremony.
Thanks for your reaponse
I feel your pain.

My wife booked her Surrey ceremony around 3 weeks ago and at the time the first free slot available was during the last week of October. However if she was willing pay £170 then there was only a 2 week wait.

During her citizenship journey, we turned down opportunities to pay for priorty service for FLR, ILR and biometrics which would have totalled almost £2000.

Similarly we'll be going the free route this time around. The passing of the time is excruciatingly slow in this case though :D

If you do have any success with the Home Office in changing to another borough then please be sure to update the thread. It would be most valuable to the board.