ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Polls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jahmicheal
Newly Registered

EEA4 Polls

Post by jahmicheal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi all,

can we create a poll regarding EEA4 application to share experience, views, time scale and result as this might help others as well.

My own experience. married and eea national in 2002, divorced in 2006, sent my eea4 application to the HO with decree absolute and all doc needed in may to apply for retention/PR. But up to this moment, 'am yet to hear anything from the HO even acknowledgement of receiving the application.

Has anybody applied for retention/PR through eea4 and receive anything/decision from the HO.

Lets share the experience.

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:54 am

I think its really good idea mate.

I been maried since 2003 to an EEA natiional. Sent my application mid JUNE, Heard nothing from HO.

Any other experiences would be very helpfull.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:45 pm

you are not alone a freind of mine submited his sice january and he has just receieved his loa. am afraid you are on for a long wait.
hi

passenger
Newly Registered

Post by passenger » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:25 am

hi i make eea4 aplication 7 weeks ago i recieve acknowledgemnet letter 3 weeks ago

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:22 pm

hi jahmichael,
when did you submit this application, cos my bro one is upto 1yr and still no decision.
hi

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:09 pm

hi
I'm married to an EEA since 2003 applied in October 2007 ,receive the acknowledgement letter 2 weeks later, waited for 5 months and 1 week , they sent me my document back on Mars the 7 and they said that i applied too early . then i waited till June this year and i applied again , i receive the letter on July saying that they received my document ...till now I'm still waiting . its been 4 months ...hopefully I will get an answer by December ...please let us know about your experience .thanks (PR)

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:13 pm

one more thing did you guys applied by post or using a immigration lawyer ? did anyone try to call the home office ? please post as much information as possible ,as it will help me you and us ..thank you very much .

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:15 pm

bebe2 wrote:you are not alone a freind of mine submited his sice january and he has just receieved his loa. am afraid you are on for a long wait.

has he been asked for more document ? did he applied by post ? did he made a complaint ? whats new about your mate application ? wishing you good luck .

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:38 pm

married to an eea national since 2003, applied for pr back in june, recieved a letter 2 months later and i am still waiting, i am going mad....

i am not using a loyer or anything as its my right and i don't want to spend any money.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:37 pm

m-e-d wrote:married to an eea national since 2003, applied for pr back in june, recieved a letter 2 months later and i am still waiting, i am going mad....

i am not using a loyer or anything as its my right and i don't want to spend any money.
well we all are in the same situation , i've been waiting for 4 months and i think that we wont get any answer till december or feb...good luck

jude

To all .

Post by jude » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Hy Guys ,
Whatz up? it looks like we all are having almost thesame problem. I read a mail from someone in this chat that had his residence card back after devorce but it took him 7-9 months and was issued with thesame residence like the first one . Well I spoke with someone from the HO and asked what if I devorce my wife and i was told that : I have to wait untill the end of my 5 year then I can apply for my PR , and I have to sent the following doc:
Non EEA Bank statement ,
Non EEA Payslip, 2 photo size
Decree of Abst, and provide that the marraige last for 3 years and provide of living with the EEA for one year either , council tax bill , or any bill , at the end of your 5 year if you sent it befor your 5 year the will sent it back to you but also my question here is , what happen if you want to visite someone in other european country but you have devorce with your EEA hus/wife what do you need to show the embassy? also you have to inform the HO when you status change but i just don't know if the HO themselves know better because the confused people alot . Any way any suggestion will be nice . Do anyone here supply his/her EEA payslip? also plaese couple of people had been asked to show provide that , the EEA was in uk during the time of devorce just to let you all know .
hallo

jahmicheal
Newly Registered

Re: To all .

Post by jahmicheal » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 pm

HALLELUYAH! HALLLUYAH! HALLELUYAH!.

I got my permanent residence card today. Glory be to God Almighty.

isceon

Post by isceon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:24 pm

hi there congratulations for your PR
can I ask you when you actualy did apply? may 2008?

jahmicheal
Newly Registered

Post by jahmicheal » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:34 am

I applied at the end of may 08, got the CoA in sept and them d PR.

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Congratulation mate!!

Hopefully I am gonna get mine soon, when did they stamp the PR??

Cheers

malina
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 Polls

Post by malina » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 pm

[quote="jahmicheal"]Hi all,

can we create a poll regarding EEA4 application to share experience, views, time scale and result as this might help others as well.

My own experience. married and eea national in 2002, divorced in 2006, sent my eea4 application to the HO with decree absolute and all doc needed in may to apply for retention/PR. But up to this moment, 'am yet to hear anything from the HO even acknowledgement of receiving the application.

Has anybody applied for retention/PR through eea4 and receive anything/decision from the HO.

Lets share the experience.[/quote]
Could you please tell us , why did you apply in 2008,if you got married in 2002.
2002+5=2007?
According to my immigration advisor I can apply 5 years [b]after marriage[/b] took place, not +5 years after UKBA stamped my passport with visa following EEA2 application.

Could somebody confirm, please?

jahmicheal
Newly Registered

Post by jahmicheal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:01 am

Could you please tell us , why did you apply in 2008,if you got married in 2002.
2002+5=2007?
According to my immigration advisor I can apply 5 years after marriage took place, not +5 years after UKBA stamped my passport with visa following EEA2 application.

Thanks m-e-d. your joy will soon come as well.

Got married in 2002, applied in 2002, got the my passport back in 2003 with 5yrs stamped on the passport expiring in 2008.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am

jahmicheal wrote:Could you please tell us , why did you apply in 2008,if you got married in 2002.
2002+5=2007?
According to my immigration advisor I can apply 5 years after marriage took place, not +5 years after UKBA stamped my passport with visa following EEA2 application.

Thanks m-e-d. your joy will soon come as well.

Got married in 2002, applied in 2002, got the my passport back in 2003 with 5yrs stamped on the passport expiring in 2008.

HEY CONGRATULATION ...ABOUT YOU PR ...HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING FOR ? AND DID THEY ASK YOU FOR MORE DOCUMENT ? DID U APPLY USING A LAWYER ? PLEASE LET US KNOW as I 'M STILL WAITING AND ITS BEEN 7 MONTH NOW ...DO U THINK I WILL GET AN ANSWER SOON ? MANY THANKS AND ALL THE BEST ...

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Issue of a document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card
18.—(1) The Secretary of State must issue an EEA national with a permanent right of residence
under regulation 15 with a document certifying permanent residence as soon as possible after an
application for such a document and proof that the EEA national has such a right is submitted to
the Secretary of State.
(2) The Secretary of State must issue a person who is not an EEA national who has a permanent
right of residence under regulation 15 with a permanent residence card no later than six months
after the date on which an application for a permanent residence card and proof that the person has
such a right is submitted to the Secretary of State.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5) and regulation 20(3), a permanent residence card shall be valid for
ten years from the date of issue and must be renewed on application.
(4) A document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card shall be issued
free of charge.
(5) A document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card shall cease to be
valid if the holder ceases to have a right of permanent residence under regulation 15.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:37 pm

3.2 Non-EEA nationals
Under Regulation 18(2) and Article 20 of 2004/38, Non-EEA national family members
who are entitled to reside in the UK permanently must be issued with a Permanent
Residence Card no later than 6 months after the application (plus the proof of
entitlement) has been received.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 pm

EEA residency enquiries

You may wish to contact the European Enquiries Contact Centre if you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you have a query regarding:
o registration certificates for yourself or a family member;
o a residence card;
o a family member residence stamp; or
o confirmation of permanent residence in the United Kingdom.

The centre is currently experiencing high call volumes which may lead to a delay in your call being answered. Our opening times are 0900 to 2100 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays, but you may wish to contact us between the hours of 1800 and 2100 later in the week when we are less busy.

Please read our guidance on applying under European law before you contact us.

Phone: 0845 010 5200

Email: UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 0900 to 2100

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 pm

any news? anyone ?

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Sat May 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I applied back in July 2008. Have letter of acknowledgement but as of today, no news yet of ILD. So it will be 10 months soon. :cry:

Eric-Poole

EEA4 processing time

Post by Eric-Poole » Sat May 02, 2009 11:26 pm

May I suggest that you support the petition on the Prime Minister website requesting to speed-up the processing of EEA4 applications?

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/EEA4-Residency/

If we can get 200 signature, the UK government will have to provide a formal response on the subject. All signatories will receive the response by Email.

Thanks to all for your support.

Cheers. Eric

alexharin
Newly Registered

Post by alexharin » Mon May 04, 2009 6:08 pm

I applied end of August 2008, got letter of acknowledgement end of September 2008. Have not heard anything from the home office since then.