ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of knowledge of English question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

No entry stamp and evidence of absences

Post by seyduna2017 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:59 pm

Dear members,

I am a Turkish citizen and have ILR status. I will apply for the citizenship soon. After I got ILR status, my passport was not stamped when I entered the UK several times. Unfirtunately, I do not have boarding cards with me for some of these trips. How can I prove my absences with a couple of missing entry stamps in my passport? If I submit P60s, payslips and council tax bills, would this be enough?

If you can advise I appreciate

Regards

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: No entry stamp and evidence of absences

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:01 pm

A couple of missing stamps are unlikely to be a problem, if you can remember the dates of your trips. If you really want to submit further evidence, don't submit bills. P60s/employment letters that cover the period will be enough.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

seyduna2017
Newly Registered
Turkey

Proof of knowledge of English question

Post by seyduna2017 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:47 pm

Dear all,

I am applying for British citizenship and in the application form, there is a question like that "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

When I came to the UK first time with Tier-4 student visa, my college in the UK recognized my knowledge of English (as the language of education in my home country was English). Upon graduation, I got a Tier-2 visa and I proved my english because of a recognized UK master's degree. After several years, I changed job and got Skilled worker visa (with the same proof of language) and I got ILR status with that UK diploma again.

For the naturalisation, should I put my latest visa application (ILR) in the box or all of previous visas?

Separately, do I need to provide unique visa application number for these application/applications or should I just state the name of my visa?

If you can advise, I appreciate

Regards

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Proof of knowledge of English question

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:09 am

seyduna2017 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:47 pm
Dear all,

I am applying for British citizenship and in the application form, there is a question like that "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

When I came to the UK first time with Tier-4 student visa, my college in the UK recognized my knowledge of English (as the language of education in my home country was English). Upon graduation, I got a Tier-2 visa and I proved my english because of a recognized UK master's degree. After several years, I changed job and got Skilled worker visa (with the same proof of language) and I got ILR status with that UK diploma again. Provide details of the UK recognised masters' degree.

For the naturalisation, should I put my latest visa application (ILR) in the box or all of previous visas? All previous visas

Separately, do I need to provide unique visa application number for these application/applications or should I just state the name of my visa? Provide the URN.

If you can advise, I appreciate

Regards
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.