ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to bring my Filipina partner to Ireland permanently

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrask123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

How to bring my Filipina partner to Ireland permanently

Post by Mrask123 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:35 pm

I am an Irish citizen born and raised, and my partner is Filipina. What is the fastest way for her to get permanent residency in Ireland? Is it just a case of getting married, or do we have more hoops to jump through?. Any advice or guidance here would really help.

meself2
Ireland

Re: How to bring my Filipina partner to Ireland permanently

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:01 am

You can start with the official documentation - https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... al-scheme/

But in short, assuming you satisfy income/etc requirements, yes; you get married abroad, she applies for a visa to go to Ireland, you wait for a few years until visa is decided, she joins you in Ireland once it's granted. The residence permit needs to be extended every few years, but I suppose it satisfies your definition of "permanent".
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: How to bring my Filipina partner to Ireland permanently

Post by Angel99 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:24 am

Hi,

The spouse visa can take few months to a year for Irish family. After your spouse arrival, she has to apply for stamp 4 for Irish spouse. The first permission is normally given for 3 years then after 3 years she can apply for Irish citizenship, she still has to make sure she renews her stamp 4 until her Naturalisation application is approved. She doesn't need to wait for the 10 years permanent residence that is given after 5 years living in Ireland with stamp 4.

In Ireland any stamp 4 is normally considered permanent residence but the actual permanent one is granted for 10 years.