ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(DV) APPLICATION - Processing Times

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shalinee83
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Re: ILR SET(DV) APPLICATION - Processing Times

Post by Shalinee83 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:53 pm

Hi everyone
I been in the ok 20yrs plus. I was subjected to domestic violence and got nrm conclusive ground. It's only recently that I've applied for set(dv).
I've proven that I been in the uk 20yrs plus through medical report
My ex is a British citizen and I was with him for 18yrs
Nrm letter
Bank statement
Medical report that he run over my leg
Police report
Support letter from friends
Support letter from salvation army
ID
My biometric.
Plus mp letter
Now I'm waiting for a decision which they given me a time frame until 26jan 2025.
Do I have a chance of getting a good response from them

Shalinee83
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by Shalinee83 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:13 pm

Hi can anyone please reply to my previous post

mowaid

Post by mowaid » Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:17 pm

It depends can you tell us your current visa or immigration status and when the last abuse was happened. because home office have a very specific rule which is that they only accept evidence or abuse happened in your current extension. For example if there was abuse in your pervious extension and you had not filed the ILR(DV) on last extension you can not use them as an evidence in your current extension.

2ndly it also depend how strong the evidence are for example is it a physical harm? Do you have police report? Did you visited GP and let them know? Are there children involved etc. please explain more because I know a friend who's abuse was happened in his pervious extension he had the children's as well but he did applied for ILR(DV) in his new extension in which there was not abuse so he got rejected because of this that his current visa extension have no proof of DV

Gulam111
United Kingdom

Post by Gulam111 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:52 pm

napo wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:27 pm
Ginapina2024 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:33 am
How many people have passed the 6 month wait
Kindly share your timeline
Same thing with me!

application 9 Jan
bio 20 Jan
additional information 17 June
another additional information 31st July.

Is quite crazy
Hi napo any update

Shalinee83
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by Shalinee83 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:44 am

He run over my right leg and I had to have major surgery in 2022. The safe guard team got involved and I was placed in salvation army house. Police got involved as well.
It was 18yrs of abuse which I was awarded mordern slavery conclusive ground.
Home office has given me a place to stay while they are processing my application.
I've explained to them why I didn't come forward earlier as he is a narcissistic and didn't want me to have my paperwork.

Shalinee83
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by Shalinee83 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:48 am

This is the first time I've applied for set(dv). I've provided evidence required by the home office.
Plus support letter from salvation army explaining that they are helping me due to mordern slavery conclusive ground.
Plus there is gp record that the abuse been going on for a very long time and I was afraid to come forward in the past.
What do you think do I have a chance of getting it