ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SKW Dependents Extension (Tricky Situation)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AbacusC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SKW Dependents Extension (Tricky Situation)

Post by AbacusC » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:27 pm

Hi I am in UK on Skilled Worker Visa, my first visa was granted in Feb 2022, I then switch employer in July 2023 and got 5 years visa till July 2028. I will be eligible for ILR in Feb 2027.

Now my wife oringal 03 years visa is expiring in Feb 2025, It appears I cannot extend her visa till Feb 2027 and need to go for minimum extension or 03 years ? Or till my visa expires which would July 2028 ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SKW Dependents Extension (Tricky Situation)

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:43 pm

She will get an extension with an expiry date they same as your visa expiry date. You cannot choose less validity or a time period that suits you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AbacusC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: SKW Dependents Extension (Tricky Situation)

Post by AbacusC » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:43 pm
She will get an extension with an expiry date they same as your visa expiry date. You cannot choose less validity or a time period that suits you.
Thank you. So in this case I cannot use the minimum three years clause ? instead of adding 5 more months and do you know if IHS surcharge will be for 05 months or charged for whole additional year ?

Your support is appreciated. Thanks