ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Extension when main applicant has applied for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Syedah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Dependent Visa Extension when main applicant has applied for ILR

Post by Syedah » Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:58 am

Hello Everyone,
Earlier I was having tier 2 skilled worker visa and have got my ILR last November 2023.I am exempted from health surcharge money as a healthcare worker. My husband has joined me as dependent while I was holding tier 2 visa.He has not completed 5 years in UK. My husband's visa is due to renew after 2 months. Which form I am suppose to fill and Do I need to pay health surcharge money. Is it spouse visa for settled partner or something else
Please kindly help me.Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visa Extension when main applicant has applied for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Skilled Worker Dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension. You might have to pay IHS to progress on the form to submit. You might be able to get a refund, you might not (based on you now being on ILR and not a skilled worker visa holder).

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa

https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-he ... ofessional
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Syedah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Syedah » Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 pm
Skilled Worker Dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension. You might have to pay IHS to progress on the form to submit. You might be able to get a refund, you might not (based on you now being on ILR and not a skilled worker visa holder).

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa

https://www.gov.uk/apply-immigration-he ... ofessional
Thank you

Syedah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Syedah » Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:59 am

1.Could anyone please show me the link to apply for my dependent visa extension when the main applicant has switched from tier 2 visa to ILR. My husband's visa will expire on 3 january 2025. When I need to apply for extension.
Thank you.
2.I have recieved ILR on 29 November 2023. When I can apply for naturalisation .I mean is it exactly after 12 months or Can I start preparing the application little earlier.
Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:27 am

Syedah wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:59 am
2.I have recieved ILR on 29 November 2023. When I can apply for naturalisation .I mean is it exactly after 12 months or Can I start preparing the application little earlier.
Thank you.
It is 12 months after ILR gained.
You can however start, edit and save the online application until it can be submitted. I think the online draft will be available for 6 weeks otherwise it will be deleted (this is re-set after each edit).
For naturalisation questions please post in the British Citizenship forum: viewforum.php?f=42

Wait for someone else to answer Q1.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:45 am

1.Could anyone please show me the link to apply for my dependent visa extension when the main applicant has switched from tier 2 visa to ILR. My husband's visa will expire on 3 january 2025. When I need to apply for extension.
It doesn't matter when you apply for the extension. It will be a 3 year extension from date of decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.