ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous UK immigration applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation Application - Confirmation of Supporting Documents

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:54 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for British citizenship via the Naturalisation route (12 month with the ILR). I will be submitting the following documents as part of the application:

1. Passport
2. Copy of UK degree certificate (proof of English language)
3. Current BRP copy
4. Proof of living in the UK - as I am a non EEA national, I will be submitting my passport scans for this
5. Referee declarations
6. Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period - P60s for the last 5 years

I will also add a letter from my company confirming my date of employment start, confirmation of current employment and confirmation of my travel history.

I have a few questions I wanted to check regarding the documents:

1. Can I confirm that the list above is comprehensive and that I would not need to include any other documents?

2. For the passport, will I be required to take scans of my passports and upload them before my biometrics? For this, as I will have a large no. of pages stamped, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the best way to do this?

3. The application says that "Any passports provided must be originals". For this, I will carry my passports to the biometric appointment, and confirming the passports will then be returned to me after the appointment?

4. Do the referee declarations need to be dated to before the application date, or does that not really matter?

Thanks a lot in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application - Confirmation of Supporting Documents

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:05 pm

6. Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period - P60s for the last 5 years
This is NOT required. You simply need to put your NI number in the form and UKVI will do their own checks.
I will also add a letter from my company confirming my date of employment start, confirmation of current employment and confirmation of my travel history.
This is NOT required. Why are you submitting totally unnecessary documents??
1. Can I confirm that the list above is comprehensive and that I would not need to include any other documents?
You do NOT need P60s or an employer letter. Do not submit totally unnecessary documents.
2. For the passport, will I be required to take scans of my passports and upload them before my biometrics? For this, as I will have a large no. of pages stamped, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the best way to do this?
You need to upload all documents before your biometric appointment. Up to you if you want to pay extra for UKCVAS to scan stuff for you.
3. The application says that "Any passports provided must be originals". For this, I will carry my passports to the biometric appointment, and confirming the passports will then be returned to me after the appointment?
They don't keep your passport (answered multiple times every week on this point). It is the same process as when you applied for ILR, nothing different!!
4. Do the referee declarations need to be dated to before the application date, or does that not really matter?
Doesn't matter, but you cannot have a form that is dated many months before you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:02 pm

Hello, thank you so much for the reply!

In terms of the unneccesary documents, I was just a bit paranoid, so thought I would include the P60 and letter from my company as supplementary proof of my NI contribution and proof of living in the UK. Noted on your advice here, can I check if there is any harm in including supplementary documents beyond those asked for?

Also noted on your point regarding the passport scan, confirming then that the full passport scan will be required. I noticed that the cost from UKVCAS for document scanning is £56 and for document checking is £49. As I was anyways planning to use the document checking service, do you think I am better off just getting the document scanning done?

Appreciate your help and advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:16 pm

can I check if there is any harm in including supplementary documents beyond those asked for?
It is not necessary and can cause other more important documents to be missed and delay your application. Submit only what is required. Adding a whole bunch of extra documents does not aid an application or speed it up. It will still take the time UKVI takes to do their own checks with other gov departments.
Also noted on your point regarding the passport scan, confirming then that the full passport scan will be required. I noticed that the cost from UKVCAS for document scanning is £56 and for document checking is £49. As I was anyways planning to use the document checking service, do you think I am better off just getting the document scanning done?
Just note that UKCVAS is a third party agent, they are not UKVI staff. Whether you choose to pay for the two services is your choice but it is no guarantee that they will tell you if something is missing or scan everything properly. The majority of applicants do the document upload themselves.

It really is not a difficult application, not sure why you seem to think it is. Minimal documents required. Don't overthink it or try to submit what you 'think' is necessary. If UKVI wanted all of that documentation, the guidance etc would state it is needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm

Noted, thanks for the information!

I did have another question, so thought I would share it here rather than create a new thread.

Can I confirm that the tax office reference no. for my employer and the PAYE reference no. for my employer are the same? I have looked online but can't find clear guidance on this.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:28 pm

pepesilvia89 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm
Noted, thanks for the information!

I did have another question, so thought I would share it here rather than create a new thread.

Can I confirm that the tax office reference no. for my employer and the PAYE reference no. for my employer are the same? I have looked online but can't find clear guidance on this.
The PAYE reference IS the employers' tax office reference.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:41 pm

Thank you for clarifying!

One final question (hopefully) regarding the following question, "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

I have completed a degree in the UK, and will be providing a copy of my degree certificate for the English language requirement.

I proved my English requirement first with my degree certificate for my Tier 2 visa. Therefore, I don't think I had to submit anything directly during my ILR application to prove my knowledge of English, and I also don't see a question related to it in my ILR application form.

However, I did meet the knowledge of English requirement indirectly as part of my ILR application, as I had previously submitted it for my Tier 2 visa application. In the question "Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?", I have said yes and highlighted this was done for my Tier 2 visa application.

Based on the above, I wasn't sure if I should answer yes or no to the question "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

Thanks again to everyone for all the advice and help!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:52 pm

It doesn't matter too much - explain in a cover note and attach the degree certificate. What matters is you can prove you satisfy the English language requirement.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:07 pm

Thanks a lot, I'll include a cover note and will of course attach my degree certificate.

I went back and checked my Set (O) ILR application, and from what I can see, I was not asked for my degree certificate as a supporting document and I also don't see any questions related to the English language requirement in the "Knowledge of language and life in the UK" section, only 2 questions related to the Life in the UK test. If I remember right, this might have been as I proved my English language requirement for my initial Tier 2 visa application?

Therefore, would you suggest I answer "no" to the question "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

I have said "yes" to the question before it, "Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?", and highlighted I submitted this as part of my initial Tier 2 visa application.

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Previous UK immigration applications

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:01 pm

Hi there,

For my naturalisation application, I understand that all relevant UK immigration applications should be included in the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", including tourist visa applications.

I have included all details for my ILR and Skilled Worker Visa applications (date of application, ref no., date of biometrics). For my Tier 2 visa application and my Tier 4 Student Visa applications, I am only able to find the application reference no., but not the date of the application or biometrics.

I have a couple of questions on this:

1. Confirming that not submitting the date of the application or biometrics for the Tier 2 visa application and my Tier 4 Student Visa applications (they are from 2018 and 2016 respectively) will not be a big deal?

2. I also obtained a tourist visa to the UK in 2014. I am not able to find the application for this, so will not be including it in the list. However, I will call this out in the cover note and will also include it as part of the passport scan upload. Confirming this would also be fine?

Thanks for the advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous UK immigration applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:06 pm

Can you please keep ALL your questions in ONE topic. Posts merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Post by pepesilvia89 » Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:21 pm

Sorry about that!

pepesilvia89
Newly Registered
India

Post by pepesilvia89 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:13 pm

Hello,

I have a couple of outstanding questions in the thread above, so just consolidating and sharing the questions again for simplicity:

1. Re: the question ""Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

I went back and checked my Set (O) ILR application, and from what I can see, I was not asked for my degree certificate as a supporting document and I also don't see any questions related to the English language requirement in the "Knowledge of language and life in the UK" section, only 2 questions related to the Life in the UK test. If I remember right, this might have been as I proved my English language requirement for my initial Tier 2 visa application?

Therefore, would you suggest I answer "no" to the question "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?" and provide an explanation in a cover note?

I have said "yes" to the question before it, "Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?", and highlighted I submitted this as part of my initial Tier 2 visa application

2. Re: the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

For my naturalisation application, I understand that all relevant UK immigration applications should be included in the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", including tourist visa applications.

I have included all details for my ILR and Skilled Worker Visa applications from 2023 and 2021 (date of application, ref no., date of biometrics). For my Tier 2 visa application (2018) and my Tier 4 Student Visa application (2016), I am only able to find the application reference no., but not the date of the application or biometrics.

a.. Confirming that not submitting the date of the application or biometrics for the Tier 2 visa application and my Tier 4 Student Visa applications (they are from 2018 and 2016 respectively) will not be a big deal?

b. I also obtained a tourist visa to the UK in 2014. I am not able to find the application for this, so will not be including it in the list. However, I will call this out in the cover note and will also include it as part of the passport scan upload. Confirming this would also be fine?

Thanks all for the help and support on this!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:20 pm

Question
a) not an issue, either give an approximate date for biometrciss or include a note explaining you can't remember. It's not something that could negatively impact your application.
b) Visitor visas not required - only applications for Leave to Remain and ILR. Just provide what you have/remember.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:28 pm

pepesilvia89 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:13 pm
Hello,

I have a couple of outstanding questions in the thread above, so just consolidating and sharing the questions again for simplicity:

1. Re: the question ""Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

Therefore, would you suggest I answer "no" to the question "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?" and provide an explanation in a cover note? Correct.

I have said "yes" to the question before it, "Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?", and highlighted I submitted this as part of my initial Tier 2 visa application Correct. Provide your degree certificate and it will be enough.

2. Re: the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

I have included all details for my ILR and Skilled Worker Visa applications from 2023 and 2021 (date of application, ref no., date of biometrics). For my Tier 2 visa application (2018) and my Tier 4 Student Visa application (2016), I am only able to find the application reference no., but not the date of the application or biometrics.

a.. Confirming that not submitting the date of the application or biometrics for the Tier 2 visa application and my Tier 4 Student Visa applications (they are from 2018 and 2016 respectively) will not be a big deal?

b. I also obtained a tourist visa to the UK in 2014. I am not able to find the application for this, so will not be including it in the list. However, I will call this out in the cover note and will also include it as part of the passport scan upload. Confirming this would also be fine?

Thanks all for the help and support on this!
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.