ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching to spouse visa online form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mishii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

switching to spouse visa online form

Post by mishii » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:14 pm

Hi, I have started my application to apply for a spouse visa online and after answering the question ''Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?'' as ''Yes'', the next question is:

What do they earn?
(Required)

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

I earn around £25k before tax and my partner earns around £27k before tax. I was planning to combine our salaries to meet the new minimum threshold of £29,000. I am on a fixed-term contract till december because my current visa is valid till then and my partner is on hourly permanent contract. The issue is, if I am going for the second option ''The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount'' its asking me to provide salary slips and contract letters for the past 12 months. My partner and I both have been working with my current employer since january 2024, which is more than 6 months. But before that, my partner was self-employed and I was working with an agency and it's not convenient for both of us to collect and provide salary slips and employment letters for the past 12 months.

As we both collectively are earning more than the minimum salary threshold, should I just choose ''The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount'' and provide 6 months salary slips and bank statements? Or it will result in refusal of visa application?

Any guidance in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: switching to spouse visa online form

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:39 am

mishii wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:14 pm
Hi, I have started my application to apply for a spouse visa online and after answering the question ''Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?'' as ''Yes'', the next question is:

What do they earn?
(Required)

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

I earn around £25k before tax and my partner earns around £27k before tax. I was planning to combine our salaries to meet the new minimum threshold of £29,000. I am on a fixed-term contract till december because my current visa is valid till then and my partner is on hourly permanent contract. The issue is, if I am going for the second option ''The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount'' its asking me to provide salary slips and contract letters for the past 12 months. My partner and I both have been working with my current employer since january 2024, which is more than 6 months. But before that, my partner was self-employed and I was working with an agency and it's not convenient for both of us to collect and provide salary slips and employment letters for the past 12 months.

As we both collectively are earning more than the minimum salary threshold, should I just choose ''The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount'' and provide 6 months salary slips and bank statements?Yes choose that. Or it will result in refusal of visa application?

Any guidance in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!