ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ksfatima30
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

British Citizenship Referee

Post by ksfatima30 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:54 am

I'm working on my British Citenzenship application and I understand that we need to provide 2 referees. It says that the referees have to be a British passport holder over the age of 25 or a professional person and have known the applicant for 3 years.

I understand that a referee cannot be related to the applicant, but would my partner count as being related to me? We are not married nor have we had a civil ceremony or any form. We are cohabitating partners.

Any help with this would be great :)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British Citizenship Referee

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:48 pm

Even though you are not married, I would say it is safer for someone else to act as your referee.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ksfatima30
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ksfatima30 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:19 pm

Okay that makes sense.

I have a referee who is a British passport holder over the age of 25, who has a Head of/Managerial role at a VAT registered company who has known me for 7 years. For my second referee can it be a Commonwealth passport holder who is over the age of 25 and has known me for over 7 years? Or would they also have to be a professional person?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:35 pm

It is the professional referee that can be any nationality.

The second referee must be British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.