ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annual Leave Requirement for ILR under SWV?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hafeznew
Newly Registered
Egypt

Annual Leave Requirement for ILR under SWV?

Post by hafeznew » Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:18 pm

So, I'm currently on a Skilled Worker Visa and planning to apply for ILR when the time comes. However, I am overthinking one aspect with regards to annual leave: my job contractually allows 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays i.e. 20 days); however, they do not mind if I take an extra day or two.

In the Caseworker guidance : "This also includes any paid annual leave which must be assessed on a case by case basis and should be in line with UK annual leave entitlement for settled workers."
1- If I take in excess of my annual leave say 21 days instead of 20, would that cause a problem for my ILR application since contractually my leave is less (do they even ask for the employment contract?)? Or as long as my job says that the leave was approved that's okay?
2- Also, the guidance mentions showing that "the normal work pattern hasn't been disrupted"; for some days, I've taken late afternoon flights (6pm) so I went to work an hour earlier and left two hours earlier. Would they really be that specific?
3- I know remote work from abroad is frowned upon, but is it an issue if I do it for a day or two a year?
4- Last year I exceeded my leave by two days, but I was meeting with potential business partners during my vacation on those two days. As long as my employer verifies it, that's okay, right?

Please bear in mind that anything I do is with the approval of my employer. Is their approval sufficient or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance! I've been overthinking this for a while! I know it's probably not that deep but I thought I'd confirm.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Annual Leave Requirement for ILR under SWV?

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:29 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hafeznew
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by hafeznew » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:25 pm

So is exceeding my annual leave by a day or two not an issue as long as it is approved, correct?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:46 pm

That's not an issue at all.
hafeznew wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:18 pm
I am overthinking...
I also agree. :roll:

hafeznew
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by hafeznew » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:48 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:46 pm
That's not an issue at all.

So, do you reckon I should ask my boss to officially increase the leave or is their approval sufficient? I know I am overthinking it haha, but I don't want there to be an issue 2 years down the line :?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:07 pm

hafeznew wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:25 pm
So is exceeding my annual leave by a day or two not an issue as long as it is approved, correct?
The rules do not have such limits. What you 'perceive' as a concern is not always a real one
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice