ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for UK-born child whose GTV dependent visa is expiring soon

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Citizenship for UK-born child whose GTV dependent visa is expiring soon

Post by milimolo » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:16 pm

Hi, I recently received ILR after spending 3 years under GTV. My daughter was born last year when I was still under GTV.

I understand that UK-born children do not necessarily need to apply for any visa. Still, we applied for her GTV dependant visa because we wanted to go on holiday outside the UK, and we didn't want to have issues coming back.

Her BRP is expiring soon. Since she is eligible for citizenship, should we apply for her citizenship now before her BRP expires? or can we still wait for a financially better time?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Citizenship for UK-born child whose GTV dependent visa is expiring soon

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:45 pm

You can apply but while her BRP is expired your daughter won't be able to travel. Registration applications from inside the UK have a standard processing time of 6 months. You should arrange for medical coverage for your child while the application is processed.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Re: Citizenship for UK-born child whose GTV dependent visa is expiring soon

Post by milimolo » Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:01 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:45 pm
You can apply but while her BRP is expired your daughter won't be able to travel. Registration applications from inside the UK have a standard processing time of 6 months. You should arrange for medical coverage for your child while the application is processed.
Perfect answer. Thank you.