ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guide to 10 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Guide to 10 years route

Post by Omoye » Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:40 pm

Matter of urgency as I am confused on what to do. This forum helped my partner previously before he became British.

Hear my case as I need support.

I came to the UK as a student in sep 2014 and finished my programme 2018 with a degree, the same 2018 I had a British child and applied for parent route (not living with partner) which was granted June 2019 and accompanied with a letter stating 5 years route to ilr, July 2019 I moved in with my partner we now have 3 children and I informed the home office of change of circumstances; they didn't respond.

Dec 2021, I applied for partner route 30 months was granted in January 2022. Fast forward to July 2024 I applied for ilr on set M form based on the 5 year route letter I received from my first application.

Today, I received an email from the home office team... saying I need another 30 months to qualify for ilr and I have 2 weeks to make another application and respond to that email so I can get a refund. They stated on the email that I am still valid on leave 3c to make further application.

Now, my question is this??? Can I make a fresh application on a 10 years legal route to ilr based on I came here Sep 2014 and it's now Sep 2024.

Please help me πŸ™ŒπŸ™πŸ™Œ

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Guide to 10 years route

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:29 pm

Omoye wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:40 pm
Matter of urgency as I am confused on what to do. This forum helped my partner previously before he became British.

Hear my case as I need support.

I came to the UK as a student in sep 2014 and finished my programme 2018 with a degree, the same 2018 I had a British child and applied for parent route (not living with partner) which was granted June 2019 and accompanied with a letter stating 5 years route to ilr, July 2019 I moved in with my partner we now have 3 children and I informed the home office of change of circumstances; they didn't respond.

Dec 2021, I applied for partner route 30 months was granted in January 2022. Fast forward to July 2024 I applied for ilr on set M form based on the 5 year route letter I received from my first application.

Today, I received an email from the home office team... saying I need another 30 months to qualify for ilr and I have 2 weeks to make another application and respond to that email so I can get a refund. They stated on the email that I am still valid on leave 3c to make further application.

Now, my question is this??? Can I make a fresh application on a 10 years legal route to ilr based on I came here Sep 2014 and it's now Sep 2024. That would greatly depend on what status you had between 2018 and 2019 when you application was approved.

Please help me πŸ™ŒπŸ™πŸ™Œ
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:33 pm

You can vary your application to SET(LR) however we need to first ensure that you have 10 years of lawful and continuous residence so that you qualify. Can you provide clear details of your immigration history ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Post by Omoye » Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:39 pm

Thank you for your swift response.

My student visa lapsed in October 2018 and I submitted my FP application based on my British son in September 2018 (within 28 days student visa expiration) and I was granted June 2019. Through out this 10 years I have been working legally.

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Post by Omoye » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:08 pm

zimba wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:33 pm
You can vary your application to SET(LR) however we need to first ensure that you have 10 years of lawful and continuous residence so that you qualify. Can you provide clear details of your immigration history ?
Thank you for getting in touch.
I came to the UK 5/9/14 on 1 year college study
Applied for 3 years in the UK for a degree course which was granted in 2015 to laspe in October 2018.
May 2018 gave birth to my son in UK (partner already had ilr), son was automatically British.

September 2018 applied parent route base on my son, received a letter from HO that application is under article 8 and it will exceed 6 months. I was granted in June 2019 (30 months) on 5 years parent route to ilr.

July 2019 started living with partner and wrote HO for change of circumstances no answer from them.

December 2021 I applied for partner route being that we are live together and I was granted in January 2022 (30 months).

July 2024, I applied for ILR based on the the 5 years letter I received from HO and me and my partner have lived 5 years together with 3 British children.

Today, I received an email saying I need to stay on partner route for 60 months before I can qualify for ilr. I am given 14 days to respond and indicated on the email that I am within my leave 3c rights.

Based on this date 05/09/24, do I qualify for 10 years long residence route to ilr? Or I should go and apply for partner route extension?

Thank you 😊

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Post by Omoye » Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Omoye wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:08 pm
Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:33 pm
Thank you for getting in touch.
I came to the UK 5/9/14 on 1 year college study, afterwards I applied for a 3 years study visa in the UK for a degree course which was granted in 2015 to laspe in October 2018.
May 2018 gave birth to my son in UK (partner already had ilr), son was automatically British.

September 2018 applied parent route base on my son, received a letter from HO that application is under article 8 and it will exceed 6 months. I was granted in June 2019 (30 months) on 5 years parent route to ilr.

July 2019 started living with partner and wrote HO for change of circumstances no answer from them.

December 2021 I applied for partner route being that we are live together and I was granted in January 2022 (30 months).

July 2024, I applied for ILR based on the the 5 years letter I received from HO and me and my partner have lived 5 years together with 3 British children.

Today, I received an email saying I need to stay on partner route for 60 months before I can qualify for ilr. I am given 14 days to respond and indicated on the email that I am within my leave 3c rights.

Based on this date 05/09/24, do I qualify for 10 years long residence route to ilr? Or I should go and apply for partner route extension?

Thank you 😊
Please does the above qualify me for the 10 years route to ilr?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:05 pm

Sounds like you qualify. What about your absences in the last 10 years ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Post by Omoye » Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:46 pm

Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:05 pm
Sounds like you qualify. What about your absences in the last 10 years ?
Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

2016 I travelled to Italy for 2 weeks and 2022 to Ireland for 1 week. No other absence.

Please can you send me the link to the form

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:40 pm

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Post by Omoye » Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:15 am

Thank you once again. I just want to discuss my plan if it make sense and seek further ideas from you reliable moderators!

1. Fill the form and pay the fees. I may request for SAR from HMRC today, which I do not know how long it will take to come.

2. Gather the copy of my expired biometric cards and the first entry vignette on my passport page in sep 2014. As well as my first visitors visa in 2010 which I stayed 10 days.

3. Get as much residence documents such as tenancy agreement, pay slips and bank statements (2 per year). However my first bank account was closed in 2017 without giving me a reason. Additionally, my college results, university degree, partner and children's documents.

4. Write a letter detailing my first entry up until date and still reliant on leave 3c.

5. Lastly, I will Reply the HO email stating that I do qualify for ilr on long residence route by attaching all my residence permits, the new application ref number and the letter sent to them in 2019 about the change of circumstances that was ignored, if they had honoured my letter I would have changed to partner route that 2019, which I would have made 60 months by now. Certainly, I will indicate consent to withdrawal of set M if the case worker is not still satisfied so I can get my refund.

Please gurus, let me know if I have missed out anything or if I need to ignor some aspect. Maximum respect to you all. Thanks πŸ‘

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:07 am

You do not need any of those and you do not need to tell UKVI about your immigration history, they know all that. You apply using SET(LR) which will be a variation of the previous SET(M) application. Just respond by saying you have done that and it all works out

Omoye
Newly Registered
England

Post by Omoye » Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:26 am

Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:07 am
You do not need any of those and you do not need to tell UKVI about your immigration history, they know all that. You apply using SET(LR) which will be a variation of the previous SET(M) application. Just respond by saying you have done that and it all works out
Thank you very much.... I was basically over thinking it. Less stress for me. I will keep you posted. Thank you once again 😊