ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa after completion of 10 year ban

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

slma123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Visitor visa after completion of 10 year ban

Post by slma123 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:35 am

I am seeking advice, but first, here is my immigration history: In 2011, I applied for a UK student visa, which was refused, and I received a 10-year ban because my English test center was blacklisted, and all exams were declared null and void. I did not go through the appeal process.

Now, the 10-year ban has expired. If I apply for a UK visitor visa to visit my close relatives in the UK, will my previous ban affect my application?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa after completion of 10 year ban

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:30 am

slma123 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:35 am
I am seeking advice, but first, here is my immigration history: In 2011, I applied for a UK student visa, which was refused, and I received a 10-year ban because my English test center was blacklisted, and all exams were declared null and void. I did not go through the appeal process.

Now, the 10-year ban has expired. If I apply for a UK visitor visa to visit my close relatives in the UK, will my previous ban affect my application?
All applications are assessed based on its merit. You've been forgiven after 10 years, but not forgotten.
Your chances of getting a visa is less that it would have been if you never got the ban. However, if you have a very great reason for wanting to visit the UK. Example you suddenly become insanely rich or you're applying for a spouse visa, you would get the visa easily.
You would need to make an extra effort now, because you've been caught in deception. How are they sure you're telling the truth now?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

slma123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by slma123 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:01 pm

Today I received a refusal from UKVI.
Refusal is un fair.

Only reason of refusal is UKVI believes that I will not return back to my home country.
They accept everything.
No right of appeal and no administrative review.

Please advise me what should I do?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:23 pm

slma123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:01 pm
Today I received a refusal from UKVI.
Refusal is un fair.

Only reason of refusal is UKVI believes that I will not return back to my home country.
They accept everything.
No right of appeal and no administrative review.

Please advise me what should I do?
There's nothing you can do. Hence my previous post.
You would need to make an extra effort now, because you've been caught in deception. How are they sure you're telling the truth now?
Your chances of getting a visa is less that it would have been if you never got the ban.
Travel to other countries. Preferably a good stable country. Travel multiple times in a period of 3-5 years, then try the UK again.

You damaged the bridge of trust.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:25 pm

Can you type the exact wording of the refusal and take out personal details?

What evidence of ties to your home country did you submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

slma123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by slma123 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:01 pm

The decision OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE - PERSONAL DATA I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 to V4.6 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because: • You stated on your visa application that you intend to travel to the UK for ten days to visit your brother and nieces. Whilst I understand the importance of family visits, the onus is on you to ensure that you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules. I acknowledge the UK invitation letters and the documents provided by your sponsor to demonstrate their means to accommodate and maintain you for the proposed duration of your visit. However, to come to a decision, all the information regarding your personal and financial circumstances have been carefully assessed.
Furthermore, you are proposing to visit your two siblings who reside in the UK along with their immediate family members. I acknowledge that in support of your application, you have submitted a family registration certificate. However, I have considered that this document in isolation does not demonstrate the current circumstances or whereabouts of those family members listed. As such, the documents before me do not demonstrate that you have any close family ties residing outside of the UK. Furthermore, your documents do not demonstrate that you have any assets or property in your country of residence that would be considered economic ties. This therefore further undermines the overall credibility of your application in so far as I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated familial or economic ties that would necessitate your departure from the UK. • Furthermore, I note that you have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to those of the United Kingdom which offset my other concerns. Given all of this I am not satisfied your circumstances are as you have indicated, nor therefore of your intentions in wishing to travel to the UK now. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by you, not exceeding 6 months, nor am I satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by you. In assessing your entry clearance application, I have considered all of the documents and information provided against the requirements of Appendix V and have also taken into account the published Visit guidance. The guidance indicates a number of factors which can help assess if an applicant is a genuine visitor, including but not limited to the following: • their financial circumstances as well as their family, social and economic background • their personal and economic ties to their country of residence The concerns noted in the paragraphs above mean that I am not satisfied that you have accurately declared your personal and financial circumstances, which in turn means I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are a genuine visitor. While I note the information you have provided regarding your sponsor’s financial circumstances, I am not satisfied that these other factors outweigh the concerns noted above. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:01 pm

What proof of your strong ties to your home country, which are stronger than having two siblings in the UK, for you show in your application?

Remember that your sponsors showing that they can support you in the UK makes your case that you will leave the UK after your visit weaker, because nothing can prevent you from overstaying.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

slma123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by slma123 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:41 pm

I had provided my last 12 months bank statements and balance never gone below £113000.
Also I provided my tax returns and business registration documents.
Also I provided my home ownership documents.
Also I attached my marriage certificate and children birth certificates.
My UK inviter only supported me in accommodation during my stay.

This refusal surprised me because my son visited the UK few months ago and I sponsored him and attached my documents along with my UK based brother invitation.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:09 pm

The refusal letter indicates that you basically didn't provide any financial or family evidence to demonstrate your ties outside the UK. Was it a mistake?

Who submitted this application? yourself or your family in the UK?

slma123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by slma123 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:13 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:09 pm
The refusal letter indicates that you basically didn't provide any financial or family evidence to demonstrate your ties outside the UK. Was it a mistake?

Who submitted this application? yourself or your family in the UK?

Application submitted from UK.
They didn’t acknowledged my financial and family ties outside the UK.