ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peace23
Ireland

Re: Approval letter

Post by peace23 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:03 pm

CA2IE wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:37 pm
Hi Peace23 - Don't despair. I applied on Sept 7, 2022 and have not received an acceptance letter as yet either. Will be 2 complete years in another week or so. My application and supporting docs were all on paper, and there was quite a bit of it, so I suspect that is what is taking so long. Last word I got from INIS was a request for an updated Police Report from my home country, and I believe that was in February of 2024. That gave me hope, as I had at least heard SOMETHING from them! Best wishes to you and the rest of us who have been waiting since 2021 and 2022!
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we all hear something soon 🙏🏻

CA2IE
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by CA2IE » Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:57 pm

yes indeed! I think it's a good sign. If they were going to deny my request, I'm guessing they would have made that determination and I would have heard back much, much sooner than this. So I'm HOPEFUL that this is a good sign that they're seriously considering my citizenship request! Fingers crossed!

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:39 pm

Hello all, I am one of those who is waiting for more than 2 years, (2 years and half) and still havn't got my approval letter. I have done all the eVetting last year (2023) but no update since then. Is there anyone else waiting that much? Or is there anyone who has recieved approval letter in August this year?

CA2IE
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by CA2IE » Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:22 pm

2 years today since I submitted my application - on Sept 7th, 2022. Still no word other than a request in February 2024 for an updated police report from my home country. That's it! Anxiously awaiting the approval letter's arrival!

IanMu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by IanMu » Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:55 am

I was expecting something to happen as Garda vetting completed July 2024, application was Jan 2023. I saw recent announcement about September 16 ceremony and checked my ISD dashboard on September 6, there's now a box with header Citizenship Certificate Fee, I can click this but then see a warning about not completing if I've not received an approval letter, can't complete anyway because it says for a Citizenship Group number which I'm guessing is in the approval letter.

Are other people expecting a letter seeing this on their dashboards?

It wasn't there when I had to go through ISD to initiate Garda vetting but don't know when it first appeared?

Kiwithecat
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by Kiwithecat » Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:11 am

There's a "Citizenship Certificate Fee" tab next to "E-vetting Invitation" under "Applications for Naturalisation." Is this the one you were referring to? I've never paid any attention to this section before, so I'm not sure if it’s always been there or if it just appeared.
IanMu wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:55 am
I was expecting something to happen as Garda vetting completed July 2024, application was Jan 2023. I saw recent announcement about September 16 ceremony and checked my ISD dashboard on September 6, there's now a box with header Citizenship Certificate Fee, I can click this but then see a warning about not completing if I've not received an approval letter, can't complete anyway because it says for a Citizenship Group number which I'm guessing is in the approval letter.

Are other people expecting a letter seeing this on their dashboards?

It wasn't there when I had to go through ISD to initiate Garda vetting but don't know when it first appeared?

louis1028
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by louis1028 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone who applied in 2024 already received an approval letter?

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:44 am

Hi, I just found this recently published article linked below.
It is very unfortunate to see that citizenship office use the Background religion as a factor when processing applications... background religion is not what we can choose...
Read the article below.
https://dublininquirer.com/2024/09/25/b ... ake-years/

seanocathasaigh80
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by seanocathasaigh80 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:12 pm

Fred13 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:44 am
It is very unfortunate to see that citizenship office use the Background religion as a factor when processing applications... background religion is not what we can choose...
Read the article below.
There's a whole load of supposition in that article and nowhere does it actually say that religion is a factor. Correlation ≠ causation

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:42 pm

seanocathasaigh80 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:12 pm
Fred13 wrote:
Read the article below.
There's a whole load of supposition in that article and nowhere does it actually say that religion is a factor. Correlation ≠ causation
Of course no where is mentioned that this the background religion is a factor. But if you read the article again, there is this paragraph in it: "Imran Khurshid, a partner and solicitor at Daly Khurshid Solicitors, says most of his clients who get the background-checks response have Muslim backgrounds." What can be implied from this paragraph and the entire article may support the initial hypothesis.

seanocathasaigh80
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by seanocathasaigh80 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:08 pm

Fred13 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:42 pm
seanocathasaigh80 wrote:
Fred13 wrote:
Read the article below.
Of course no where is mentioned that this the background religion is a factor. But if you read the article again, there is this paragraph in it: "Imran Khurshid, a partner and solicitor at Daly Khurshid Solicitors, says most of his clients who get the background-checks response have Muslim backgrounds." What can be implied from this paragraph and the entire article may support the initial hypothesis.
Again, correlation ≠ causation. That means literally nothing. Perhaps the countries that require further checks have a higher prevalence of muslim people? Perhaps the countries that have less defined and more cumbersome vetting processes have a higher prevalence of muslim people? You're adding 1 + 1 and getting 50 million.

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:36 pm

seanocathasaigh80 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:08 pm
Fred13 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:42 pm
seanocathasaigh80 wrote:
Fred13 wrote:
Read the article below.
Again, correlation ≠ causation. That means literally nothing. Perhaps the countries that require further checks have a higher prevalence of muslim people? Perhaps the countries that have less defined and more cumbersome vetting processes have a higher prevalence of muslim people? You're adding 1 + 1 and getting 50 million.
You are right, Sorry for that.