ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1 (HA) Renewal Issued for Less Than 12 Months – Advice Needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stockeye2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Stamp 1 (HA) Renewal Issued for Less Than 12 Months – Advice Needed

Post by stockeye2 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:07 pm

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone here might have experience with this. I recently applied for the IRP renewal of my Stamp 1 for my second year on the Hosting Agreement, and I’ve just received my new card. However, instead of being issued for the usual 12-month period, my card is only valid until March 2025—just 7 months from the application date. My Hosting Agreement is valid until March 2026, so I’m a bit confused as to why my IRP wasn’t issued for longer. I’m guessing it might be an oversight, with the officer thinking my HA expires in March 2025 instead of March 2026.

It’s not a huge issue, but since I will be eligible for a Stamp 4 shortly after, this would mean I’d have to renew my Stamp 1 just a few months before, resulting in paying for two renewals in a short period.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it worth reaching out to immigration for a correction? Any advice would be appreciated!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 1 (HA) Renewal Issued for Less Than 12 Months – Advice Needed

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:08 pm

Doesn't hurt to ask - you lose nothing by sending them a query.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.