ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

possibility of applying less than a 3-year GTV-dependent visa if main applicant is granted ILR

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

VISA extension for ILR dependants

Post by milimolo » Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:18 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:31 am
This is a known problem. The immigration health surcharge online system is not smart enough to calculate this correctly for people who have ILR. As I said, ILR has no expiry date so you should enter a date that is 3 years in the future to get a correct IHS calculation. Otherwise, the system will charge you less and the caseworker has to request you to pay the remaining fees, delaying the application.
Is this true??? :shock:

This means we should add 3 years in the form, and then pay the application fee of ~£700 + (3 x IHS fee of £1k) = 3700 for each dependant.

I was recently granted ILR but wasn't sure if my non-uk-born child could apply for ILR or GTV extension. A compulsory 3 years extension is massive.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: VISA extension for ILR dependants

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:20 pm

Yes. You cannot request a shorter visa. The IHS for children under 18 is currently £766 per year.
Non-UK born children follow the path of the less privileged parent and only can settle with them.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by milimolo » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:02 pm

Thanks, Zimba.

Does the online form prevent me from extending less than 3 years? Does it automatically notice I have now been granted ILR?

Initially, I wanted to extend my wife and son's GTV dependant visas for just a year or two, so they complete their mandatory 5 year under GTV dependency before they apply for their own ILR. But, according to what you said, this is not possible.

Thanks again.

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

possibility of applying less than a 3-year GTV-dependent visa if main applicant is granted ILR

Post by milimolo » Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:56 pm

I have recently been granted ILR, after being under GTV for 3 years. Since we only applied for a 3-year GTV, my dependents' visa will expire soon. I want to apply for their extension, but I have been told they can only extend for 3 years, and not less than that. I wanted to save money by just extending their GTV-dependent visa for a year.

Does the online form prevent me from extending less than 3 years? Does it automatically notice I have now been granted ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: possibility of applying less than a 3-year GTV-dependent visa if main applicant is granted ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:46 pm

It's for 3 years, as stated in the immigration rules. You cannot choose less time for the visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Re: possibility of applying less than a 3-year GTV-dependent visa if main applicant is granted ILR

Post by milimolo » Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:54 pm

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:12 pm

milimolo wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:02 pm
Thanks, Zimba.

Initially, I wanted to extend my wife and son's GTV dependant visas for just a year or two, so they complete their mandatory 5 year under GTV dependency before they apply for their own ILR. But, according to what you said, this is not possible.

Thanks again.
The caseworkers grant visas as per the immigration rules. The form is not relevant here, the rules do not allow a shorter visa term when the main applicant is already settled. The caseworker needs to see IHS payment that covers the full period of the visa, so three years worth of IHS. If you end up paying less, they will ask for a top-up. So what you are asking is not possible and the issue is not the application form.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:57 am

Rules dictate Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by milimolo » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:30 pm

Hi again
@CR001, something strange is happening on the online form. When I reached the point to pay my child and wife's 3-year mandatory IHS fee, the form showed a £0.0 fee !!! It only wants me to pay for their application fee (a total of £1400).

Is this correct? or have I completed the form incorrectly?

keeping my fingers crossed so this is true :D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:39 pm

You have likely completed the form incorrectly.

What did you put for visa expiry for you?

You need to put a date 3 years it the future
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by milimolo » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:50 pm

I see, maybe that's why.

I think it asked for the recent expiry date on the BRP card, and I put September 2024. I didn't add 3 years in the future. That page doesn't have enough instructions or guidance on how to answer this question. It didn't say add 3 years if you have ILR.

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by milimolo » Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:36 pm

Hi CR001
You were right, the IHS fees appeared when I added the 3 years. But for that, I had to complete the whole form from the beginning. £2300 for child IHS + £716 for application fee. I had to pay an additional £143 for booking the biometrics as all the free ones were already taken.

Will pay my wife's fees tomorrow.

Have a good evening guys.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:16 am

zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:31 am
This is a known problem. The immigration health surcharge online system is not smart enough to calculate this correctly for people who have ILR. As I said, ILR has no expiry date so you should enter a date that is 3 years in the future to get a correct IHS calculation. Otherwise, the system will charge you less and the caseworker has to request you to pay the remaining fees, delaying the application.
I previously pointed this out !

milimolo
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by milimolo » Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Yes you did. Thank you guys.