ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Sponsorship on Secondment role

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MeghnaI
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa Sponsorship on Secondment role

Post by MeghnaI » Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:14 pm

I am currently working in a role which pays me £26000 per annum and I am currently on PSW (Graduate visa) which is valid until end of Jan 2025. My current role doesn't fall under the sponsored role.
I am successful in getting a secondment role within the same company. This secondment role pays £39000 and also falls under the sponsorship jobs code list. This secondment role is for 12 months.
My HR has told that because its a secondment role there is a complication which is as follows: My base salary would still be £26000 and I would receive £13000 as HQ allowance (could be Headquarter Allowance). In this case, HR said that, because any type of allowance cannot be considered as base pay and hence I don't meet the salary threshold, and hence I cannot be sponsored in a secondment role.

However, my question is, why do they have to add it as an allowance. I am completely going to be working in this secondment role for 12 months and the job offer says £39000 and I am getting taxed for the entire £39000. Then why is there going to be an issue in getting me work visa sponsored.
If this is really an issue, can you please advise on what else could be done in this situation so that I get sponsored?

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Sponsorship on Secondment role

Post by zxyzhgp » Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:34 am

I am not sure if this can be used as an example.
When someone does ILR application with two jobs, the secondary job salary is not added into your total salary for consideration of ILR.

not sure this is similar to your working visa case

MeghnaI
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MeghnaI » Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:48 am

Thank you for your response.

But I will be working only in my new job which is on secondment. I not be working in my current role anymore. So I won’t be doing 2 jobs at a time but only the secondment role. However the payment which is coming from current department stays as is (26000) and the rest of the amount (13000) comes from head quarters to fulfil the new job’s salary requirements. So that I get the total salary advertised for this specific role which is 39000.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:08 pm

It may depend on the way this payment is organized.
If that extra amount is put down differently from the base salary, UKVI may not accept it as they may consider it as an income you may or may not get.

Also,
MeghnaI wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:14 pm
This secondment role is for 12 months.
And what will happen afterwards? You will not fulfil the threshold for sponsorship?
You need 5 years on Skilled Worker visa for ILR.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

MeghnaI
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MeghnaI » Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:02 pm

Thank you for the response.

I will keep your point in mind. Thank you.

This secondment role has the opportunity to become permanent. Currently it’s for 2 years but then can go permanent. If not, I can still have 2 years to apply for another permanent role. I am taking one step at a time. I am not focusing on ILR itself now, but focusing on getting work sponsorship.