ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturilsation Certificate did not come back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjeev
India

Naturilsation Certificate did not come back

Post by shahjeev » Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Hi Moderators,

I've received my british passport, however I never got back my original naturalization certificate back.

I have been waiting for almost 3 months now.

Can you please advise on what could be the reason, and how do I follow-up with Home office?

Many Thanks,
Shahjeev

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturilsation Certificate did not come back

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:36 pm

It could have been lost in the mail.
Fill in a complaint form here https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Try calling the helpline - but ask to speak to a senior caseworker. Write down when you call and what they tell you so you have a paper trail of what happens.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

shahjeev
India

Post by shahjeev » Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:58 pm

That's brilliant. Thanks a lot.

Any particular that I should be dailling in here?

Let me know.

Shahjeev

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:10 pm

Just what happened, who you spoke to and what they said, and if appropriate you need to request they mail you a new Naturalisation certificate at their expense.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.