ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Urgent query] Acceptable non-British referees for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BenzBoy
Newly Registered
India

[Urgent query] Acceptable non-British referees for naturalisation

Post by BenzBoy » Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:56 pm

I have reviewed numerous threads here but haven't found a definitive answer, prompting my inquiry. Given my planned business trip right after my naturalisation application, I'm eager to proceed with the application and biometrics ASAP hence this urgent query.

My five-year-old son and I are applying for naturalisation shortly.

We have a British citizen friend who is over 25 years old and he will act as our 2nd referee.

Regarding the 1st referee:

1). Can my child's professional childminder serve as my (adult's) referee too? If so, what should I specify in the "How does the referee know the applicant?"

2). Can a family friend who is a doctor but not a British passport holder act as both my and my son's referee? I don't see "Doctor" listed as an acceptable professional consultant. She is NOT our GP but a family friend employed by an NHS trust.

3). I have the option of getting a Minister of Religion in the local temple act as both me and my son's referee but he isn't a British passport holder either. Can he act as a referee?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: [Urgent query] Acceptable non-British referees for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:17 pm

The professional referee can be of any nationality as it explains on the form.
Childminding is not on the list of professions, so can’t be used.
The Doctor can be a referrer but make sure that it’s noted that he acts as a family friend.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.