ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - passport upload

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application - passport upload

Post by kamsi » Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:53 am

Hi all,

I have completed the online naturalisation application form and currently uploading the supporting documents. I have 3 passports, one is currently valid as two have expired, will I be expected to upload every page of all the passports that I have had? I scanned every page of the three passports, the file is too big and not uploading.

Is it acceptable if I upload the Bio data page of each of the passport without uploading the entire page?

Thanks guys!

YellowSnow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application - passport upload

Post by YellowSnow » Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:39 am

You just need to scan the pages of all the passports that were valid in your qualifying period. This is to help them determine whether or not you have met their residency requirements.

In our case, because my passport is just 1 year old, I had to scan every page of my current and previous passport.

My other 2 passports were not included in my submission.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:32 am

You can upload them as separate files - oldest passport probably won't be needed as you only need to cover the qualifying period. Scan all pages.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:31 am

Thank you.

Another question - I have been searching for slots to book appointment for biometric enrolment without success. I have had to look for appointments at different locations still to no avail.

Any idea when is the best time to search for appointments slots?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:58 am

Try at midnight and 9am. Usually new slots get released at those times, for 28 days in the future.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:22 am

I have spent the past 3 days searching for appointment slots both at 9am and midnight without even seeing a single slot at any of the different locations. I am curious as to what time they actually release the slots.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:44 am

Just out of curiosity, in what area are you? Are appointments coming up in other areas of the country? Weird that nothing either paid or free came up for you in the last 3 days, even looking at 28 days in the future.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:25 pm

I’m in the Chelmsford area of Essex. Out of curiosity I have had to search others areas of the country and absolutely nothing paid or unpaid was coming up. Weirdly this afternoon a slot came up in East Ham in London before I could book it I was told that it was no longer available.

Surely, if you have made an immigration application and paid such an extortionate amount they should be making biometric enrolment appointments available.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:26 pm

Chelmsford is not too far from London, you might need to have a look at UKVCAS centres in the city. Usually there are paid slots available e.g. at Mark Lane.

For free slots you need to be more persistent... and lucky.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:44 am

I have had a look but nothing was coming up, I’ll keep trying.
Thanks 🙏🏾