ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application refused under the Tier 1 switching T2 skill worker visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

Akanji
Newly Registered
Mood:
Thailand

ILR application refused under the Tier 1 switching T2 skill worker visa

Post by Akanji » Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:47 pm

I recently had my ILR application refused under the Tier 1 category after completing 5 years. Following the refusal, I switched to a Skilled Worker visa on the 10th day (within the 14-day allowance).
Could someone please assist me with the following question: Will the time I spent on the Tier 1 visa (prior to the refusal) count towards my ILR under the Skilled Worker (Tier 2) visa?
Thank you in advance for your help!

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR application refused under the Tier 1 switching T2 skill worker visa

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:08 pm

Yes, unless you were Graduate Enterpreneur.
https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... sa/time-uk
In the 5 years you’ve lived in the UK, you can include time you’ve had on any combination of the following visas:

any Tier 1 visa - except Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
Skilled Worker or Tier 2 (General)
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Re: ILR application refused under the Tier 1 switching T2 skill worker visa

Post by msx273 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:43 pm

Hi

Sorry to bump in to your thread , could you please give the reason for why you ILR was rejected, it may be useful to understand for future applicants, how long it took home office to give you decision on ILR

I wish you all the best with your new Tier 2 visa and I beleive it will count towards your 5 year continous period and you can apply for ILR after completing one month of receivng salary with adequate documents and payslips , experts here wil give their advise.

Good luck

Akanji wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:47 pm
I recently had my ILR application refused under the Tier 1 category after completing 5 years. Following the refusal, I switched to a Skilled Worker visa on the 10th day (within the 14-day allowance).
Could someone please assist me with the following question: Will the time I spent on the Tier 1 visa (prior to the refusal) count towards my ILR under the Skilled Worker (Tier 2) visa?
Thank you in advance for your help!