ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait time for Join Family (Spouse of Irish Citizen)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

learner__
Newly Registered
Ireland

Wait time for Join Family (Spouse of Irish Citizen)

Post by learner__ » Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm interested to hear if anyone has recent experiences of wait times for a decision on Join Family visas for the spouse of an Irish Citizen.

The policy document references a target of a 6 month wait time, but the "Visa Decisions" page suggests it is closer to 12 months at present.

Thanks.

username657
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Wait time for Join Family (Spouse of Irish Citizen)

Post by username657 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:16 am

I had a similar question about a Join Family (De Facto Partner) application. Are you applying from outside Ireland? If yes, is your application being processed there or in Ireland? If the application is being processed in Ireland then the "Visa Decisions" page is the timeline to follow. I'm not sure about your own circumstances but it could be possible to move to Ireland and apply from within Ireland? You might receive a temporary stamp 4 whilst your application is processing. Good luck with the application :)

LookingForInfoIE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by LookingForInfoIE » Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi there, have you had any update on this?

Waiting close to 14 months to hear anything back from visa processing in ireland.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:11 pm

username657 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:16 am
I'm not sure about your own circumstances but it could be possible to move to Ireland and apply from within Ireland? You might receive a temporary stamp 4 whilst your application is processing.
This is for spouses of EU, but non-Irish nationals (or for Irish nationals in a limited circumstances, IE they lived in the EU for a good few months together while exercising Treaty Rights) - will not fly here, most likely.

People on forums mention a year or more usually.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:19 pm

It took my wife 13 months to get the visa (applied from Pakistan). Application based on spouse of CSEP holder.
A friend of mine had applied in September 2023 and is still waiting.
I have also heard it is taking some applicants up to 2 years.
I've noted that refusals take 8-9 months (based on 3-4 cases I've seen) while approvals take longer than 1 year.

LookingForInfoIE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by LookingForInfoIE » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:14 am

kupuser wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:19 pm
It took my wife 13 months to get the visa (applied from Pakistan). Application based on spouse of CSEP holder.
A friend of mine had applied in September 2023 and is still waiting.
I have also heard it is taking some applicants up to 2 years.
I've noted that refusals take 8-9 months (based on 3-4 cases I've seen) while approvals take longer than 1 year.
Hi @Kupuser, are you sure appeals are only taking 8-9 months? It says on the Visa Decisions website that the date of appeals is currently 18th of January 2023.

This would be over 20 months? Would appreciate any information you can share :)