ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV and years of residency as dependent on skilled worker visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

FAlDabbagh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

GTV and years of residency as dependent on skilled worker visa

Post by FAlDabbagh » Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:06 pm

Dear All,

I would appreciate it if you could help me with some questions regarding the Global Talent Visa (GTV).

My wife has recently been offered a position as a Clinical Lecturer at the University. According to the job description, she may be eligible to apply for the GTV.

She was on a Skilled Worker visa for one year after arriving in the UK, but switched to a Dependant visa when I obtained my Skilled Worker visa, which was a year ago.

My questions are as follows:

If she is granted the GTV, will her previous two years—one on a Skilled Worker visa and one as a Dependant—count towards her eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?

Regarding the time requirements for ILR eligibility, would it be more advantageous for our children and me to switch to being her dependants on the GTV, or should I maintain my Skilled Worker visa with our children as my dependants?

Thank you for your assistance.

Jashim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: GTV and years of residency as dependent on skilled worker visa

Post by Jashim » Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:02 am

I am following this post. Will need to know it for myself too!

FAlDabbagh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by FAlDabbagh » Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:43 pm

FAlDabbagh wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2024 9:06 pm
Dear All,

I would appreciate it if you could help me with some questions regarding the Global Talent Visa (GTV).

My wife has recently been offered a position as a Clinical Lecturer at the University. According to the job description, she may be eligible to apply for the GTV.

She was on a Skilled Worker visa for one year after arriving in the UK, but switched to a Dependant visa when I obtained my Skilled Worker visa, which was a year ago.

My questions are as follows:

If she is granted the GTV, will her previous two years—one on a Skilled Worker visa and one as a Dependant—count towards her eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?

Regarding the time requirements for ILR eligibility, would it be more advantageous for our children and me to switch to being her dependants on the GTV, or should I maintain my Skilled Worker visa with our children as my dependants?

Thank you for your assistance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:51 am

No. Switching to dele dent visa rest the clock and then switching to gtv reset it again. Had she stayed on her own skilled worker visa, the time would count.
You need 5 years as main skilled Worker OR 5 years as dependants. There is no quick route for you if you change to a depedent visa. Your children will qualify for ilr when the second parent qualifies for ilr and the other parent already has ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.