ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) indefinite leave to remain visa issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

nani9
India

SET (M) indefinite leave to remain visa issues

Post by nani9 » Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:23 am

Hi Everyone

I hold a British passport, and my wife is on an FLR(M) extension visa. Her initial FLR(M) visa was granted on 10/10/2019, and her current visa is set to expire on 15/11/2024. I have a few questions regarding her upcoming visa extension:

1. Is she eligible to apply 28 days before the expiration date, i.e., on or after 17/10/2024?

2. She has been employed since March 2024 with an annual salary of £20,000. Before this, she was unemployed. Given that the income requirement is more than £18,600 under the new guidance, does her income alone meet the requirement, or do I need to include my income? I’ve been contracting through an umbrella company for the past 3 months, I was unemployed in April and May.
3. Both my wife and i were in abroad from October 2022 to August 2023 due to family circumstances, gap is more than 180 days. Will this affect her visa status?

Any clarification on these points would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) indefinite leave to remain visa issues

Post by Ticktack » Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:23 am

nani9 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:23 am
Hi Everyone

I hold a British passport, and my wife is on an FLR(M) extension visa. Her initial FLR(M) visa was granted on 10/10/2019, and her current visa is set to expire on 15/11/2024. I have a few questions regarding her upcoming visa extension:

1. Is she eligible to apply 28 days before the expiration date, i.e., on or after 17/10/2024? She's eligible 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of the day she entered the UK.

2. She has been employed since March 2024 with an annual salary of £20,000. Before this, she was unemployed. Given that the income requirement is more than £18,600 under the new guidance, does her income alone meet the requirement, or do I need to include my income? I’ve been contracting through an umbrella company for the past 3 months, I was unemployed in April and May. Her income alone should be fine.
3. Both my wife and i were in abroad from October 2022 to August 2023 due to family circumstances, gap is more than 180 days. Will this affect her visa status? There's no absence limits for spouse visa holders to obtain ILR.

Any clarification on these points would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nani9
India

Re: SET (M) indefinite leave to remain visa issues

Post by nani9 » Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:23 pm

Thank you very much for the information.

I still have some confusion regarding the 6-month gap rule.

1. I’ve started filling out the SET (M) application, and it’s still asking me to provide details of all the time spent outside the UK. We have an 8-month continuous gap outside the UK. Am I using the correct application (FLR (M) extension to SET (M) ILR)?

2. My wife passed her English B1 exam in March 2022. Can she use the same B1 certificate to qualify for ILR?

3. She recently passed the Life in the UK test. She received a confirmation email with the ID number, but we haven’t received any document by post. Is the number sufficient, or is the certificate required?

Any immigration guidance or links to help clarify these points would be greatly appreciated.