ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query Claimed child benefit for child who is about to apply ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

Mehfuzpatel
United Kingdom

Urgent query Claimed child benefit for child who is about to apply ILR

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:06 am

Hi Mods
@cr001, @Zimba

Hope You're all doing well.

I got ILR on Tier 2 skilled worker in May 2024. I have 3 kids. 1 is non British and 2 became British after I got the ILR as the 2 were stateless. I claimed benefit for all 3 kids and just been paid for all 3 kids for 3 months.

This has only happened once. Now I am going to apply my 1st Child(non British) for ILR. Is he allowed to claim benefit ? Or am alright myself to claim child benefit for him?

The application for ILR mentioned whether anyone on the application has claimed benefit so I have just put that application on hold. What should I do?

Should I call child benefit helpline and edit the claim and refund for my 1st child? Or do I mention in application?

Please help. I need to travel on 22nd oct and hoping to apply for priority service for the kid and his mom

Thanks

Kind Regards
Mehfuz

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent query Claimed child benefit for child who is about to apply ILR

Post by Ticktack » Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:41 pm

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:06 am
Hi Mods
@cr001, @Zimba

Hope You're all doing well.

I got ILR on Tier 2 skilled worker in May 2024. I have 3 kids. 1 is non British and 2 became British after I got the ILR as the 2 were stateless. I claimed benefit for all 3 kids and just been paid for all 3 kids for 3 months.

This has only happened once. Now I am going to apply my 1st Child(non British) for ILR. Is he allowed to claim benefit ? Or am alright myself to claim child benefit for him?

The application for ILR mentioned whether anyone on the application has claimed benefit so I have just put that application on hold. What should I do?

Should I call child benefit helpline and edit the claim and refund for my 1st child? Or do I mention in application?

Please help. I need to travel on 22nd oct and hoping to apply for priority service for the kid and his mom

Thanks

Kind Regards
Mehfuz
Technically, the child hasn't claimed any benefit. You have!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent query Claimed child benefit for child who is about to apply ILR

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:39 pm

So as the child is subject to immigration control (I assume so - no recourse to public funds restriction) them claiming benefits due to their presence may breach their immigration restrictions. However, I’ve never seen a case in practice where this has been an issue for a child. In terms of the question, as Ticktack says the child hasn’t claimed public funds so the answer would be no.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.