ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa- MPhil program- with Husband and 3 kids

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

Parentsof3kids
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Student visa- MPhil program- with Husband and 3 kids

Post by Parentsof3kids » Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:15 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and need guidance, I am planning to apply for my MPhil program (2 year- Marketing), what would be the visa duration I will be granted? Can I bring my kids and husband along? Will MPhil visa be for 4 years and then followed by PSW- post study work?

Thanks for the answers.

Parentsof3kids
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Student visa- MPhil program- with Husband and 3 kids

Post by Parentsof3kids » Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:57 am

Hi everyone, please share your expert opinion.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:25 pm

Parentsof3kids wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:15 am
I am planning to apply for my MPhil program (2 year- Marketing), what would be the visa duration I will be granted?
I would suppose, 2 years? I am not sure.
Parentsof3kids wrote:
Can I bring my kids and husband along?
No, unless it's research based (I do not know the criteria to define those).
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members
If your postgraduate level course starts on or after 1 January 2024, it must be either:

a PhD or other doctorate (RQF level 8)
a research-based higher degree
And no need to bump the topic.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:36 am

Parentsof3kids wrote:
I am planning to apply for my MPhil program (2 year- Marketing), what would be the visa duration I will be granted? Can I bring my kids and husband along? Will MPhil visa be for 4 years and then followed by PSW- post study work?
You need to ask this directly to the University you're applying to. Literally every HEI in the UK have on their websites information on what courses allow international students to bring dependants. Otherwise you can drop them an email with this query.

The duration of the student visa is linked to the duration of the course, a two years course will give you a visa valid for the same period.

PSW visa doesn't exist in the UK, it's the Graduate route that allows international students to apply for a Graduate visa and work in the country upon successful completion of studies.