ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Welcome to PBS Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Welcome to PBS Tier 4

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:13 pm

Sorry :D
Just wanted to be the first to post!

This is going to be a busy topic area I hope and I am glad the Admin have set it up.

salam123

Re: Welcome to PBS Tier 4

Post by salam123 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Sorry :D

This is going to be a busy topic area I hope and I am glad the Admin have set it up.
thank u

dominator
Newly Registered

Post by dominator » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 pm

i am hearing that once the tier 4 start that student dependents will not be able to work is it so. one of my cousin is bring his wife here at the end of feb. how will that effect him. infos please.
regards

salam123

Post by salam123 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 am

dominator wrote:

i am hearing that once the tier 4 start that student dependents will not be able to work is it so. one of my cousin is bring his wife here at the end of feb. how will that effect him. infos please.
regards
yes it is right

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

Post by lokoeasy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Good day,
pls can any one confirm with source if possible,if it is true that student dependant wouldnt be allowed to work again once the tier 4 takes off.Thanks

ciaramc

Non-EU wishing to study in UK? Some info?

Post by ciaramc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Sorry wanted to open a new topic!!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Yip! Sad I know!

I had asked for the new PBS tiers 2, 4 & 5 to have separate forums. I thought tier 4 was going to be the one with the most traffic. How wrong was I? But then again I did not know about the bogus colleges and the PGD scams....

b52

No Students

Post by b52 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Yip! Sad I know!

I had asked for the new PBS tiers 2, 4 & 5 to have separate forums. I thought tier 4 was going to be the one with the most traffic. How wrong was I? But then again I did not know about the bogus colleges and the PGD scams....
Uk will be the least preference for Intl Students. With more controls and less oppertunities , students will think twice before they even visit British high commission.
Downturn for Uk universities.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Better to have stronger controls matched with students that can really afford the UK education the world craves.

The alternative is to carry on accepting the systemic abuse and watch the UK become a third country educational nation because the qualifications are not worth the paper they are written on.

The UK will "lose" thousands of students but in real terms those are the students we can afford to lose. Those are the ones that come to work rather than study and cost our economy far more than we ever gain.