ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicepecsigot

application

Post by nicepecsigot » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:43 pm

could be may 2007 i could be wrong but my reference number end in 07.i made my application after being here for five years as nurse.arrive at 2001.i made my application simultaneuos with long term residency as advised by the consul.i got my my response from naturalisation saying they recieve my application for naturalisation.think twas nov when i got letter from long term residency asking for for police clearance.funny coz when i submitted my police clearance i recieved letter from citizenship section asking if i can attend the date of said declaration which was dec 10

Dublin1

Re: application

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:could be may 2007 i could be wrong but my reference number end in 07.i made my application after being here for five years as nurse.arrive at 2001.i made my application simultaneuos with long term residency as advised by the consul.i got my my response from naturalisation saying they recieve my application for naturalisation.think twas nov when i got letter from long term residency asking for for police clearance.funny coz when i submitted my police clearance i recieved letter from citizenship section asking if i can attend the date of said declaration which was dec 10
Seems to me ur case is exception, u must be one of the luck people, whom their application got processed faster than the norm.

Well done.

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Post by irishwannabe » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:53 pm

nearly sounds too good te be true - thats great - and what i call: plain sailing...

congrats!!

nicepecsigot

well thank you

Post by nicepecsigot » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:56 pm

and just an update my housemate who had applied after me just got letter just now asking for her p21.bank statement and pay slips for three months

Dublin1

Re: well thank you

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:02 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:and just an update my housemate who had applied after me just got letter just now asking for her p21.bank statement and pay slips for three months
must be specail route for nurses.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Dublin1 wrote:
nicepecsigot wrote:and just an update my housemate who had applied after me just got letter just now asking for her p21.bank statement and pay slips for three months
i applied for citizenship in May 2007 as well. i got a letter 2 months after saying that they received my application. since then, they never asked for any additional info. i spoke to them a week before xmas. they told me they only waiting for Garda Clearance report then it will go to minister office for yes/no. i think it is something to do with where you work. i came to work in ireland in jan 2002 and i applied base on 5 years live and work in ireland. i work in one of the government dept myself. i guess i cant lie about how much i make every year and they dont have to do so much checking for me just like nurses and doctors, they cannot lie about where they work and how much they make. this might be able faster compare to other people.

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 pm

I work in IT and not sure if I can lie about where I work and what I earn. OR taxes we are paying making difference to nurse/docs taxes

May be I misunderstood this comment

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Applied July 2006
Additional documents submitted Nov 2008
Work in IT
Earn €65k+

No response yet

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:13 pm

ib_dublin wrote:I work in IT and not sure if I can lie about where I work and what I earn. OR taxes we are paying making difference to nurse/docs taxes

May be I misunderstood this comment
sorry, i used the wrong word. let me rephrase it. i think INIS would need to do more checking on people works in private sector.

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Irrespective of our profession, the sector we work in, or what we earn, I think fairness and equity should be paramount in the process for approving applications.

It is unfortunate that INIS has thrown all these virtues out of the window. It's not only INIS but the 'Irish' thing. Their logo should be officially be redefined as 'NO STANDARDS'.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 pm

mktsoi wrote:
Dublin1 wrote:
i applied for citizenship in May 2007 as well. i got a letter 2 months after saying that they received my application. since then, they never asked for any additional info. i spoke to them a week before xmas. they told me they only waiting for Garda Clearance report then it will go to minister office for yes/no. i think it is something to do with where you work. i came to work in ireland in jan 2002 and i applied base on 5 years live and work in ireland. i work in one of the government dept myself. i guess i cant lie about how much i make every year and they dont have to do so much checking for me just like nurses and doctors, they cannot lie about where they work and how much they make. this might be able faster compare to other people.
Apologies but it is bulls**t, that's what I think. All applicants have to give P21 which is document that is issued by Revenue. Therefore no individual can lie about how much he/she can make every year. Alternatively speaking, there is no rule that nurses and doctors are treated as angels and therefore INIS relax rules for them. Blame Bud if I am wrong, it is friday evening folks.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 pm

i dont think its about who you are its the number of years you spent here in ireland in fairness

seldam
Newly Registered

Post by seldam » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:33 pm

there's no pint beating our heads tryign to make logic of the system...there is no logic. I know a couple of nurses and doctors in govt hospitals that still have got no reply from their application. I know people that work in clerical postions who have got it. Basically from postings here it is obvious there is no lgoc and it is all a matter of luck and who handles your file!

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:25 am

seldam

you are right no point trying to think there logic one of my friends applied for long term recidency in july 2008 asked for police clearance in sept 2008 got his long term in nov 2008 doesnt make sense does it?????
i am waiting more than one year and no news keep cheacking the mails everyday hahaha[/u]

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Yes, there's no logic really.

Remember also that it was only recently that the Tipperary office started operations. So they're now clearing up the backlog. This means that applications from 2005, 2006 and 2007 are being processed at the same time. But the order in which they're processed seems to be a bit random. And probably some processors are just faster than others... so it's a bit of a lottery really.

HOTSPURS

Re: application

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:51 am

nicepecsigot wrote:could be may 2007 i could be wrong but my reference number end in 07.i made my application after being here for five years as nurse.arrive at 2001.i made my application simultaneuos with long term residency as advised by the consul.i got my my response from naturalisation saying they recieve my application for naturalisation.think twas nov when i got letter from long term residency asking for for police clearance.funny coz when i submitted my police clearance i recieved letter from citizenship section asking if i can attend the date of said declaration which was dec 10
There has been a steady stream of nurses fleeing Ireland for Australia where they are granted PR & Citizenship in a year's time. Ireland is probably trying to retain them atlast !

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:31 am

I understand that you applied in late 2007 and got approval in Dec 2008. You are really lucky to get it so soon. BTW what was the basis of your application - was it 5 yrs residency on basis of work, no irish connection. Also if you dont' mind, let us know your nationality and profession.

nicepecsigot

response

Post by nicepecsigot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:28 am

well as i have said n the above post i havebeen here since april 2001.after five yrs the philippine consul encourage us to apply for long term residency and naturalisation.so hence to just basis of five yrs living ere

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:37 am

Thsi morning in the court I was looking at the approval letters few people got and I spoted applications from early 2005, 2006, 2007 and even 2008.

It looks that is pure gamble, when someone will get his application processed.

Regards,

Mendo
________
VERMONT MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:21 pm

I saw 2005, 2006 and 2007 applicants on my oath-taking day as well though I didn't find out on what basis these people had applied---i.e. on the basis of living and working here for 5 yrs without any Irish descent/marriage connection or on the basis of Irish descent/marriage connection in which case processing is faster.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Strange thing happened...
INIS website was updated today..They removed the text about the Christmas holidays but they also removed ALL pdf attachements (Form8, 9, etc) which were available on this site. Iw onder if this was a mistake or if there are changes being made to the process...

Any guesses?

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Fionn wrote:Strange thing happened...
INIS website was updated today..They removed the text about the Christmas holidays but they also removed ALL pdf attachements (Form8, 9, etc) which were available on this site. Iw onder if this was a mistake or if there are changes being made to the process...

Any guesses?
The forms are back up on the web site. They updated the submission address on Form 8. The new address is the Tipperary address.

aditya1111
Newly Registered

any idea

Post by aditya1111 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 pm

can anyone help me with this quary please i know that if we take any help from social welfare then its 0 % chances for a person to get naturalisation in ireland.
but if some one have medical card or G.P visit card and he applies for naturalisation do the DOJ makes problem in that situation does anyone have any experience or any ideas pls let me know
thanx

EBS

Re: any idea

Post by EBS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am

To all 2005-2006 applicants:

My guess, is that the "story about awaiting garda clearance cert. " is pure untrue, 90%.

A few months ago on EuroNews Programme there was a report about talk between Europe Commission and Irish DOJ, regarding citizenship process, not complying with general regulations about human rights and bla bla bla... Later After that, DOJ have started 2007, and officially made "...currently processing 2007..".

All garda info and clearance can be made electronically, they have centralised computer system, (this how they check "2007 people").

So, i am convinced, that at the moment all general applications for 2006 are currently just on hold.

another_immigrant

Re: any idea

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 am

EBS wrote:To all 2005-2006 applicants:

My guess, is that the "story about awaiting garda clearance cert. " is pure untrue, 90%.

A few months ago on EuroNews Programme there was a report about talk between Europe Commission and Irish DOJ, regarding citizenship process, not complying with general regulations about human rights and bla bla bla... Later After that, DOJ have started 2007, and officially made "...currently processing 2007..".

All garda info and clearance can be made electronically, they have centralised computer system, (this how they check "2007 people").

So, i am convinced, that at the moment all general applications for 2006 are currently just on hold.
How do you know the Garda Info and Clearance can be done automatically ? ( At this stage I'm convinced that the INIS do all the official things by writing to other deptartments by post etc. and this is taking quite a lot time. ) also I didn't understand why the 2006 applications are being on hold ? ( I think INIS speeded up but this time Garda has got stuck... unfortunately)