ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frontier Mole - Birmingham Intl College

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bex12

Frontier Mole - Birmingham Intl College

Post by bex12 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:08 am

Hi Guyz,

I got my IGS from Birmingham Intl College in March 2008. This college is not listed on DIUS website now. My extension is 3 months away now.

Will I also be refused and deported?

What is the fat of BIC college student now for PSW, IGS extension etc.??

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:58 am

Apparently is still listed. Is this the same college?

It's not on the Recognised Bodies Search nor Listed Bodies Search nor Recognised Awards Search.

However,
College Team wrote:Your courses are fully accredited UK diplomas and degrees awarded by recognised British awarding bodies and universities.
and
About UK degree awarding institutions wrote:There are also over 600 colleges and other institutions which do not have degree awarding powers but provide complete courses leading to recognised UK degrees. Courses at these institutions are validated by institutions which have degree awarding powers.
Perhaps it's sufficient if the authority that awarded your qualification is recognised? For example, NCC Education is on the Listed Bodies Search.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi bex, I am on IGS as well from same college. According to vinny's reply it seems that we should not have any problem but who knows about HO. My extention is also due in march. I was thinking to switch over Tier 1 General but i need to do IELTS first to get marks from English language section. And after BIC removal I am really worried about. whats your plans now? Can you please update me? I'll do the same as well. Also read this post which may helpfull for you http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 837#214837.

Any thoughts please share. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

atif_butt
Newly Registered

PSW visa refused on General Grounds of Refusal

Post by atif_butt » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:57 pm

I have just been refused an EC for PSW visa..Actually, HO refused my leave to remain application and I left UK and came back to my Homecountry to apply for PSW.I prepared my case through one of the consultants and they filled my whole application form..I was refused for making falso represenation as I did not disclose on EC application that I have been refusd leave to remain before..This is the only objection...It is thus refued under paragraph 320(7A)...Can someone please inform me what shall I do now...Am I still eligible to apply again???.Can I submit a letter from the consultants that they prepared my application file and filled my application form..and its not acutally my mistake...I know It is a genuine honest mistake on my behalf but was actually beyond my knowledge..

Any help will be definitely appreciated..Thanks a lot even for reading this message

A change is happening every second.....

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 pm

The thing is when a lawyer prepares a case on your behalf, you are acting him to make decisions for you and therefore this error by your consultant/rep is in essence your error. You appealing on the ground of your rep not having knowledge of this refusal will not cut any slack at the appeal. I'll advice to just own up as it being a genuine error and just pray for the best. Good Luck
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

bex12

What about BIC

Post by bex12 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:51 am

Hey FM,

You seem to know quite a lot. What is going to happen to Birmingham Intl College. students on IGS and waiting for extension in March 2009. One of my friend is finishing his first IGS on PGD from BIC in March-2009 and looking for extension...

What do you say?

ffmughal
Newly Registered

Post by ffmughal » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:49 pm

HI ALL. AS PER MY KNOWLEDGE, The reason of removal of BIC is that BICes affiliation with sunderland uni has been expired and now BIC has negotiated with walles uni for their degree programms, hopefully in the feb09 BIC will be again in list.

dextar

Post by dextar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:33 pm

I've kind of same information as ffmughal said.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: What about BIC

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:38 pm

bex12 wrote:Hey FM,

You seem to know quite a lot. What is going to happen to Birmingham Intl College. students on IGS and waiting for extension in March 2009. One of my friend is finishing his first IGS on PGD from BIC in March-2009 and looking for extension...

What do you say?
Sorry, no idea about this one. Not on my patch.
There are rumours but that is about it. Until something solid shows up from UKBA refusing visas on bulk or they get stuck off the DIUS then all appears fine.

As I said not in my patch so you are more than likely better informed than I am :!:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
bex12 wrote:Hey FM,

What do you say?
There are rumours but that is about it. Until something solid shows up from UKBA refusing visas on bulk or they get stuck off the DIUS then all appears fine.

As I said not in my patch so you are more than likely better informed than I am :!:
Did a bit of digging - there is nothing in the way of real negatives against this college, by all accounts it is well known, has a good international reputation and is closely associated with the Universities it is linked with. Those words could come and bite me on the bum for all I know.

Just saying what I found out.

Sometimes no news is good news.

dextar

Post by dextar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks FM. At least your message give us a hope. Becuase of these scam colleges now every body is treating private collages in same manner.
I've one question. If a college has been removed due to university affiliation. Then at the time of PSW extention from IGS, will that affect to the applicant even college was registered when IGS was issued but its not on list at the time of PSW extention.

Can anyone please comment under the light of immigration rules?

Thanks
Frontier Mole wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:

Did a bit of digging - there is nothing in the way of real negatives against this college, by all accounts it is well known, has a good international reputation and is closely associated with the Universities it is linked with. Those words could come and bite me on the bum for all I know.

Just saying what I found out.

Sometimes no news is good news.

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Re: Frontier Mole - Birmingham Intl College

Post by mayurbar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:34 pm

bex12 wrote:Hi Guyz,

I got my IGS from Birmingham Intl College in March 2008. This college is not listed on DIUS website now. My extension is 3 months away now.

Will I also be refused and deported?

What is the fat of BIC college student now for PSW, IGS extension etc.??

Thanks
read this link.
http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/providersregiste ... cfm?page=9

the college's name appears on the list. let me know if it is useful for you or not.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:37 pm

mayurbar, that is the wrong register for Tier 1 PSW.

It is not on here: http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... y=Category

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Post by mayurbar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:54 pm

PaperPusher wrote:mayurbar, that is the wrong register for Tier 1 PSW.

u are right but
read this too.
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20082888_en_1

it's confusing. i cant understand.

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Post by mayurbar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:03 pm

PaperPusher wrote:mayurbar, that is the wrong register for Tier 1 PSW.

I am also under the same situation as yours. my first IGS ends in march end. My confusion is our college may not be on awarding body list but bear in mind our awarding body is 'uni of sunderland' and uni of east london. May be for that reason our college is not on awarding body list. The link which i sent you first about provider's list contains our college's name. wat do you recon? reply me asap.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm

mayurbar wrote:u are right but
read this too.

EXPLANATORY NOTE wrote:(This note is not part of the Order)

The Education (Listed Bodies) (England) Order 2007 (the “2007 Orderâ€

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Post by mayurbar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:03 pm

vinny wrote:
mayurbar wrote:u are right but
read this too.

EXPLANATORY NOTE wrote:(This note is not part of the Order)

The Education (Listed Bodies) (England) Order 2007 (the “2007 Orderâ€

dextar

Post by dextar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:33 pm

I am confused now. I think we have two scenarios.

1) IGS to PSW when college has been removed from DIUS site because they have changed there awarding body

2) IGS to PSW when college has been removed from DIUS site because they are not a recognised awarding body any more.

I personaly think in both cases applicants extending from IGS to PSW should not get any problem because college was on DIUS list when IGS visa was issued. Moreover, transitional applicant don't need to send degree certificates so case worker will use previously granted IGS visa as a proof of qualification.

May be i am wrong. Can some one advise, please??

mayurbar
Newly Registered

Post by mayurbar » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:05 am

dextar wrote:I am confused now. I think we have two scenarios.

1) IGS to PSW when college has been removed from DIUS site because they have changed there awarding body

2) IGS to PSW when college has been removed from DIUS site because they are not a recognised awarding body any more.

I personaly think in both cases applicants extending from IGS to PSW should not get any problem because college was on DIUS list when IGS visa was issued. Moreover, transitional applicant don't need to send degree certificates so case worker will use previously granted IGS visa as a proof of qualification.

May be i am wrong. Can some one advise, please??
you are right. if you look at the application form it doesnt ask us to send degree certificate again. have good look on application form and guidance notes and you will find out. may be this will help you. let me know what you think.