ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving Before IGS expiry and returning to UK -URGENT!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lizsmith
Newly Registered

Leaving Before IGS expiry and returning to UK -URGENT!!!

Post by lizsmith » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:14 am

My friend has decided not to apply from IGS to PSW as she believes it would be better to go home for a year+ and then apply under Tier One General. Question----she is from a country that does not require a visa to enter the UK. Her IGS visa is "valid until" January 15th and she still has personal commitments in the UK, etc., that she needs to handle but cannot do so before January 15th. Can she go to France, for example, on the 13th, remain there for 2 weeks and then come back to the UK as a tourist? Will they give her a hard time or refuse her entry and if so, will that impact her in her future application for Tier One General?

Thanks!!!

salam123

Re: Leaving Before IGS expiry and returning to UK -URGENT!!!

Post by salam123 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 am

lizsmith wrote:My friend has decided not to apply from IGS to PSW as she believes it would be better to go home for a year+ and then apply under Tier One General. Question----she is from a country that does not require a visa to enter the UK. Her IGS visa is "valid until" January 15th and she still has personal commitments in the UK, etc., that she needs to handle but cannot do so before January 15th. Can she go to France, for example, on the 13th, remain there for 2 weeks and then come back to the UK as a tourist? Will they give her a hard time or refuse her entry and if so, will that impact her in her future application for Tier One General?

Thanks!!!
if she is from france then don't really need to worry to much....becos she is eu student.

lizsmith
Newly Registered

Post by lizsmith » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:26 am

She is not from France, she is Canadian. The reason for going to France is because it's much closer and cheaper than going to Canada and then returning in two weeks. I thought she could go to France for a week or two and then return to the UK as a tourist to finish her matters there.

Any ideas?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:32 am

The problem is if the immigration officer sees her trip to France as way of staying longer here she MIGHT have problems.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:37 am

Salam please read the posts before posting a responce!

Vinny is right its just about luck .....what the IO asks her on the way back in.....I have friends who are from the states that do this all thhe tme....it all depends on luck!

salam123

Post by salam123 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:44 am

ciaramc wrote:Salam please read the posts before posting a responce!

Vinny is right its just about luck .....what the IO asks her on the way back in.....I have friends who are from the states that do this all thhe tme....it all depends on luck!
my intention is why they need to came in uk for job what happen in Canada?