ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Tier 1 visa - few queries....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshep

Got Tier 1 visa - few queries....

Post by sureshep » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:16 am

I got all my documents returned yesterday with Tier 1 visa stamping. Validity period 18th Dec 2008 - 18th Dec 2011.

However, during my application process I did mention that my travel date as 01 March 2009. Still the BHC has issued the start date as 18th Dec 2008. How can I proceed in this regards ? Can ask the BHC to change the date for post-dated visa valid from 01 March 2009 ?

Moreover, I did claimed 110 points while applying the Tier 1 visa - but I didn't received the points awarded. Is it mandatory to have those ?

Pls share your experiences. Appreciate all your time and valuable inputs.

Regards,
Suresh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Got Tier 1 visa - few queries....

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 pm

sureshep wrote:I got all my documents returned yesterday with Tier 1 visa stamping. Validity period 18th Dec 2008 - 18th Dec 2011.

However, during my application process I did mention that my travel date as 01 March 2009. Still the BHC has issued the start date as 18th Dec 2008. How can I proceed in this regards ? Can ask the BHC to change the date for post-dated visa valid from 01 March 2009 ?

Regards,
Suresh
Suresh..

Because you can travel on any date before the expiry of your visa, the change of date in the stamp/passport is NOT required..

except may be it might be a point to think for ILR?
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m.anderson
Newly Registered

Post by m.anderson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi sureshep, how long did it take you to get the Tier1 visa after you submitted all of the required documents? did you have any issues along the way?

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:34 pm

My application is quite straight forward and didn't had much hick ups as such.

Only few very - but are very minor ie - the exchange rate conversion for my previous earnings.

I had taken the consideration of exchange rate of the application filling date. In deed I need to take the converstion rate of last last of payroll generated i.e 30 Nov (I claimed 01 Dec 2007 to 30 Nov 2008)

However in any cases I was getting the 35 points for my earnings and therefore case worker granted the points for earnings.

Regards,
Suresh.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:36 pm

I filled my application Dec 05th and got return the documents on Dec 19th along with visa stamping.

Regards,
Suresh

m.anderson
Newly Registered

Post by m.anderson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:18 pm

thanks sureshep, do you submit your documents to the british embassy? I've finished my MS degree in U.S and now I'm in Ireland for the next 3 months. Can i submit my documents to the british embassy in Ireland evernthough i will be here for 3 month only?

Here's the document I'm planning on submitting:

1- Application form + fee+ photo's
2- Original sealed MS degree Transcript from the U.S and copy of MS degree. i can't send the orignal since this is the only degree i get. Will this be fine?
3- Bank Letter + Employment letter from my employer + payslips.
4- IELTS score and verification letter from University as well to show proof of English proficency
5- Banks Statements to proof earnings

Do i have to send my original passport with the application or I submit it once my application is approved? Also will I use my temporary address in Ireland on the application form? or the U.S address?

Thanks for your help.

m.anderson
Newly Registered

Post by m.anderson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:25 pm

also how about biometic data collection. Do i have to go to the british consulate to do that? Thanks for your help

m.anderson
Newly Registered

Post by m.anderson » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:02 pm

hi guys, please let me know regarding biometric data collection. and do i submit the documents to the british embassy?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:15 pm

sureshep wrote:Can ask the BHC to change the date for post-dated visa valid from 01 March 2009 ?
Check your visa wrote:Please check your visa when you get it. You should make sure that:

* your personal details are correct
* it correctly states the purpose for which you want to come to the UK, and
* it is valid for the date on which you want to travel. (You can ask for it to be post-dated up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately).

If you think there is anything wrong with your visa, contact the visa application centre or visa section immediately.
Last edited by vinny on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Your query re post dating has been answered by Vinny. Re your point on being awarded less points than claimed in the application - chill as long as you have met the threshold i.e. got the VISA stamped.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:12 pm

so how would it affect ILR if you simply show up to the UK a few (3-6) months after you visa stamp date? Is there any set specific guidance on this...
other than being able to arrive until the date it expires...
what are the ramifications of arriving a bit later than data visa starts?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:18 pm

NYCStacey wrote:so how would it affect ILR if you simply show up to the UK a few (3-6) months after you visa stamp date? Is there any set specific guidance on this...
other than being able to arrive until the date it expires...
what are the ramifications of arriving a bit later than data visa starts?
You need to be in UK for a period of atleast 5 years before ILR is granted. The clock will start ticking only after you have entered UK for the first time.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:32 pm

thank you so much.
I was just reading about that...

so what happens if you are 3 months short after 5 years because you arrived 3 months later...

so, after 3yrs, Tier 1 can be applied/extended for another 2 years, right?
how about the second two years (after a total of five years), can you again apply for another extension of two years? ... and if so, can you then apply for ILR at whatever point you have been physically in the UK for five years?

or.....
can you arrive on visa start date, stay a short while, then go out for two to three months, and then come back again into UK? does vacations out of country have to be less than x number of days etc?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 pm

so, after 3yrs, Tier 1 can be applied/extended for another 2 years, right?
how about the second two years (after a total of five years), can you again apply for another extension of two years? ... and if so, can you then apply for ILR at whatever point you have been physically in the UK for five years?
yes you can apply for extension again and the moment you have completed the minimum period of stay you can apply for ILR immediately.

or.....
can you arrive on visa start date, stay a short while, then go out for two to three months, and then come back again into UK? does vacations out of country have to be less than x number of days etc?
There is less of clarity on the issue. I have seen some discussions on the issue on this board according to which one is permitted to leave the country for either business trips or for annual holidays. I somehow can not get hold of the discussions threads. Apologies to the Board Members but in absence of the same, I am forced to post below from some immigration consultant's website:
How much time can you spend outside the UK and still ensure that you qualify for Permanent Residence?

This is the most common question that our clients ask and unfortunately there is no longer a clearly defined answer that can be given. It used to be possible to say that you could spend no more than 450 days in a five year period and no more than 3 consecutive months in any given 12 month period for example.

Unfortunately, the current Home Office policy regarding time spent outside the UK whilst you are on your visa is now extremely ambiguous and unclear. When you make your Indefinite Leave to Remain application, the Home Office now wants you to simply state all the trips you have taken and how many days you have spent outside the UK. The Home Office caseworker will then decide whether the time you have spent outside the UK is reasonable or you have spent too much time away and they will refuse your ILR application.

With no clearly defined rules and this issue now being left to “caseworker discretionâ€

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:59 pm

thank you... this is very useful information.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:45 pm

sureshep wrote:I got all my documents returned yesterday with Tier 1 visa stamping. Validity period 18th Dec 2008 - 18th Dec 2011.

I had a similar situation yesterday whereby I had asked my visa validity to start on 17 Jan 2009 and they issued one starting on 17 Dec 2008. I pointed this out straight away, and they accepted the error and asked me to go back in on Monday to collect my passport with my requested visa validity dates. However, I am based in East Africa, and cannot be sure that the same treatment would apply in India. It's best to ask.

NYCStacey

Post by NYCStacey » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:57 pm

after three years...when you have to renew/extend... do you have to go through the whole process again from scratch, or is renewing/extending a simpler easier process.....

It seems they are issuing the visa stamping them with the present day rather than the chosen date... i'll know next week if that happens to me too, thankfully or hopefully it seems that they will correct the issue if you ask them..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:41 pm

NYCStacey wrote:after three years...when you have to renew/extend... do you have to go through the whole process again from scratch, or is renewing/extending a simpler easier process.....

It seems they are issuing the visa stamping them with the present day rather than the chosen date... i'll know next week if that happens to me too, thankfully or hopefully it seems that they will correct the issue if you ask them..
For extension one has to meet the points criteria again. As per the current rules they provide exemption from meeting the English language criteria when you go for an extension however.

beatallica

Post by beatallica » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:30 pm

Last edited by beatallica on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SONU76
Newly Registered

Post by SONU76 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 am

Hi NYCS
You said -
It seems they are issuing the visa stamping them with the present day rather than the chosen date... i'll know next week if that happens to me too, thankfully or hopefully it seems that they will correct the issue if you ask them.

What happened ?....u got choosen date or present date ?

Do share

sonu